Timken Displays More Innovations For Metals Industry at AISTech 2012
CANTON, OH--May 7, 2012: The Timken Company showcases advanced Timken bearing products and services for the metals industry at the Association of Iron and Steel Technology trade show, May 7-10, in Atlanta, Ga.
"Timken's research and development teams focus on creating new bearing products to improve the performance of equipment operating under extreme conditions in metals mills," said Mike Connors, vice president of distribution for Timken. "Timken bearings set high standards for performance to help reduce operating costs and keep mills running more efficiently and reliably."
The Timken booth (Number 757) spotlights recent innovative products for specific mill operations -- rolling, continuous casters and conveyors, as well as maintenance and repair services. Exhibits include:
- The Timken ADAPT bearing, designed specifically for continuous casters, where performance and reliability are critical to maintaining operations. The ADAPT bearing evolves traditional cylindrical and spherical roller bearing configurations into a new design so operators benefit from the best attributes of both types.
- Timken Quick-Flex elastomeric couplings, durable enough to perform under the harshest conditions, yet requiring minimal maintenance because metal-to-metal contact is eliminated. They're easy to install and require no lubrication, due to elastomeric inserts. With a lifespan that can match that of a customer's equipment, overall cost of ownership stays competitively low.
- Timken four-row cylindrical bearings, built to carry heavy radial loads in steel, aluminum and other metal rolling mills. Timken engineers these bearings primarily for roll neck applications, including back-up, intermediate and work roll positions in flat product, long product and structural mills.
- Timken spherical roller bearings, specified to ensure superior quality and performance. Some mill applications are gearboxes, casters, aggregates, heavy stationary industrial conveyor systems and industrial fans.
- Timken® Online Intelligence System, a continuous monitoring platform ideal for extreme applications both in terms of environment and rapidly changing operating conditions. An Online Intelligence System can reduce inconsistencies in data -- variable speeds, temperatures, loads or other complex factors -- to ensure potential problems are addressed proactively.
- Timken® EcoPower induction heaters, useful for both mounting and dismounting components with tight fits. These are ideal for installing large bore bearings in various metals applications. The units save time by heating work pieces faster than conventional methods and reduce energy consumption by utilizing fewer amps to operate.
While investing in new technologies for the metals industry, Timken also continuously improves longtime products, including tapered roller bearings. The company recently announced an average increase of 10 percent in calculated load ratings for Timken® tapered roller bearings used in a wide variety of metals industry equipment. This translates into greater value, with longer predicted useful bearing life and heavier load-carrying capacity.
Timken's top metals experts are available at AISTech 2012 to discuss other company innovations, including its bearing repair capabilities, the StatusCheck wireless condition monitoring system, SAF housed units, solid-steel housings, four-row cylindrical roller bearings, roller and conveyor chain and auger products, and more.