"We Are Getting Close" Boone Asks For Army's Help
If there was ever a time for us to take action in support of the NAT GAS Act, it is NOW.
Can I count on you to call your two U.S. Senators TODAY and urge them to support the natural gas amendment when it is offered, likely tomorrow? And report back by replying to this email to let me know what they say.
The U.S. Senate is currently debating reauthorization of the nation's highway program. The NAT GAS Act is being offered as an amendment (#1782) by a bipartisan group of Senators: Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Richard Burr (R-NC) and Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV).
If you need to look up who your U.S. Senators are, you can find that list here. You can contact them by calling the U.S. Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and asking to be connected to their offices directly.
Please make your phone calls today and let's push our Senators in Washington to finally support a plan to move us toward reducing the stranglehold OPEC has on our economic and national security. This amendment will enable us to start to gaining control over our cost of transportation fuels.
A few key points:
• The legislation is fully paid for by a temporary user fee on natural gas used as a vehicle fuel.
• By extending tax credits for natural gas vehicles and refueling infrastructure for just five years, this legislation can jump start an industry and make a cleaner, domestic, less expensive transportation fuel more widely available.
• North America's natural gas discoveries have more than doubled over the past four years, meaning that, at current consumption rates, this resource could supply current consumption for over 100 years.
• Importantly, natural gas vehicles are the only off-the-shelf technology available today to replace diesel in medium- and heavy-duty applications.
• Natural gas vehicles improve local air quality. According to the EPA, natural gas as a vehicle fuel has very low emissions of ozone-forming hydrocarbons, toxics, carbon monoxide and greenhouse gases.
Call your U.S. Senators today. Thank you.