MINI John Cooper Works Countryman and Clubvan Concept Premiere at 2012 Geneva Motor Show +VIDEO
Six models and three new takes on familiar themes welcome visitors to the MINI stand at the 82nd Geneva Motor Show
• SEE ALSO: Exclusive PRESS PASS COVERAGE of the entire 2012 Geneva Motor Show
GENEVA - March 7, 2012: Celebrating its world premiere in Geneva will be the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, the first performance athlete in the brand’s line-up to combine John Cooper Works racing thrills with ALL4 all-wheel drive. The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman is powered by a newly developed four-cylinder engine boasting a twin-scroll turbocharger, petrol direct injection and variable valve control, and producing 160 kW/218 hp. And it comes as standard with an aerodynamic kit, lowered sports suspension, 18-inch light-alloy wheels and exclusive design features. This is the first John Cooper Works model to also offer a six-speed automatic gearbox as an option.
Another world premiere from MINI shifts attention to an all-new concept designed to win over new target groups. The MINI Clubvan Concept embodies the vision of a premium small car with increased transportation capacity for business and leisure use. It differs most prominently from the MINI Clubman, on which it is based, with its two-seat layout, large and flat load compartment, and opaque rear side windows.
Watch highlights of the MINI Press Conference
Visitors to the International Geneva Motor Show 2012 will also be treated to a first look at three new interpretations of established models. The MINI Baker Street embodies the youthful, fresh and innovative trendsetting style of the brand, while the MINI Bayswater focuses primarily on the sporting verve and agile handling for which MINI is renowned. The third member of the trio, the MINI Highgate Convertible, exudes an exclusive aura and displays a modern interpretation of British style.
The Highlights at a glance
World premiere for the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
• Sixth John Cooper Works model in the current MINI range, first with ALL4 all-wheel drive (standard), launch in autumn 2012.
• Newly developed four-cylinder engine with twin-scroll turbocharger, petrol direct injection and variable valve control, 1.6-litre displacement, 160 kW/218 hp, maximum torque: 280 Nm / 207 lb-ft (with Overboost: 300 Nm / 221 lb-ft), first John Cooper Works model available as an option with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
• Acceleration (0 – 100 km/h / 62 mph): 7.0 seconds, top speed:
225 km/h / 140 mph (automatic: 223 km/h / 139 mph), fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 7.2 litres per 100 km / 39.2 mpg imp
(automatic: 8.0 litres / 35.3 mpg imp), CO2 emissions: 167 (187) g/km (provisional figures).
• Aerodynamic kit, sports suspension, sports exhaust system, 18-inch light-alloy wheels, DSC stability control with DTC as standard. Options include exclusive Chili Red contrasting paintwork for the roof and exterior mirrors, and 19-inch light-alloy wheels.
• Standard interior equipment includes sports seats, a sports steering wheel, and model-specific displays and controls.
World premiere for the MINI Clubvan Concept.
• MINI Clubman-derived concept car; innovative concept showcasing the first transportation vehicle based on a premium small car; wide variety of business and leisure uses combined with hallmark MINI driving fun.
• Two seats, separate load compartment with partition grille, opaque rear side windows, split rear doors and Clubdoor on the right-hand side of the vehicle allow comfortable loading and unloading.
• Contemporary, lifestyle-focused interpretation of the compact delivery vehicle concept; Morris Mini Van based on the classic Mini (1960) is a historical precursor; opening up of additional target groups in the commercial sector; unrivalled combination of extended functionality and the aura and premium character of the MINI brand create considerable appeal.