Chrysler Group and Fiat Group Automobiles to Feature Custom Vehicles at Geneva International Motor Show
FYI: Dodge Buyer's Guide
FYI: Fiat Buyer's Guide
FYI: Jeep Buyer's Guide
AUBURN HILLS, MI--March 2, 2012:
- More than 100 accessories to be on display
- Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Jeep vehicles will be accessorized
- With the integration of Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat Group Automobiles, Mopar to handle service, parts and customer care for both companies
Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat Group Automobiles will accentuate its accessories at the 82nd Geneva International Motor Show March 8-18.
Accessorized vehicles from Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Jeep will be on display at the show and the following models will be customized: Fiat Panda, Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass and Jeep Wrangler, and all Lancia models.
"We will give show-goers in Geneva the opportunity to see how they can customize vehicles from Fiat, Lancia, Alfa, and Jeep," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar. "In every region, we will fully integrate aftersales processes that will efficiently and effectively support all of our brands and vehicles anywhere in the world."
The Fiat Panda will feature color roof racks and mirror covers, steel air valve caps with the Fiat logo, carpet mats with the model's logo, seat-back pouches and rear coat hangers. Alfa Romeo will showcase an exclusive sports kit featuring a carbon fiber spoiler, mirror covers, 18-inch alloy rims, carbon fiber gear lever knob with aluminum gear plate, carbon fiber dashboard insert, carpet mats with logo, aluminum pedal unit, footrest and fuel cap, and steel air valve caps with the Alfa Romeo logo.
Lancia will customize all of its vehicles with black side skirts, carpet mats with the car's logo, chrome-plated exhaust tail pipes, glossy black trunk liner and two-tone 16-inch alloy rims. Lancia Ypsilon will feature "Blue&Me Tom Tom Live" navigation; Lancia Delta will have a protective trunk liner and carpet mats and aluminum kick plates with the car's logo; and Lancia Voyager and Thema will feature door-sill guards and carpet mats. Jeep Grand Cherokee will feature black exhaust pipes and a built-in rear-air diffuser. The Jeep Wrangler "Mountain" edition will show a black engine cover, unique grab handles, rubber mats and rock rails for tackling all off-road conditions. The Jeep Compass will highlight rear parking sensors and stainless steel door-sill guards.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network