SAN DIEGO--February 14, 2012: WD-40 Company, maker of the trusted and versatile WD-40® Multi-Use Product, is introducing WD-40 Specialist -- a new line of best-in-class specialty products for trade professionals.
“These new products will solve problems trade professionals, WD-40 brand's core end-users, are familiar with”
Developed at the WD-40 Company Research and Development Center, the new WD-40 Specialist line consists of five products: Rust Release Penetrant Spray; Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant; Protective White Lithium Grease; Long-Term Corrosion Inhibitor; and Rust Remover Soak. All of the new WD-40 Specialist products are 50-state VOC compliant and have proven more effective in key performance areas than leading competitors in ASTM and other industry accepted test methods.
"When people think of the WD-40 brand, they think of trust, reliability and the ability to solve problems," said Garry Ridge, president and CEO of WD-40 Company. "For the new WD-40 Specialist line to wear the trademark WD-40 shield, it shows just how confident we are about the efficacy of these products."
The following WD-40 Specialist products are now available nationwide:
- Rust Release Penetrant Spray -- With Blu Torch Technology, it penetrates rust 50 percent faster than the leading competitor and also helps prevent rust and corrosion.
- Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant -- Dries fast and doesn't leave a mess -- it even waterproofs and protects moving parts better than leading competitors.
- Protective White Lithium Grease -- Ideal for metal-to-metal applications and provides long-lasting lubrication and unbeatable, superior protection.
- Long-Term Corrosion Inhibitor -- Outperforms the competition and protects metal from corrosion for up to one year outdoors and two years indoors.
- Rust Remover Soak -- Made with biodegradable ingredients and a non-toxic formula, it restores rusted metal parts back to bare metal.
"These new products will solve problems trade professionals, WD-40 brand's core end-users, are familiar with," said Ridge.
WD-40 Specialist products began shipping in September 2011 are now available nationwide. For more information about the new WD-40 Specialist line of products, visit WD40Specialist.com.
For more information on WD-40 Company, visit WD-40.
WD-40 Company, with headquarters in San Diego, is a global consumer products company dedicated to delivering unique, high-value and easy-to-use solutions for a wide variety of maintenance needs of "doer" and "on-the-job" users by leveraging and building the brand fortress of the company. The company markets multi-purpose maintenance products, which include the WD-40® Multi-Use Product, 3-IN-ONE®, BLUE WORKS® and WD-40® Specialist product lines. The company also markets homecare and cleaning brands X-14® mildew stain remover and automatic toilet bowl cleaners, 2000 Flushes® automatic toilet bowl cleaners, Carpet Fresh® and No Vac® rug and room deodorizers, Spot Shot® aerosol and liquid carpet stain removers, 1001® household cleaners and rug and room deodorizers, and Lava® and Solvol® heavy-duty hand cleaners.
WD-40 Company markets its products in more than 160 countries worldwide and recorded sales of $336 million in fiscal year 2011.