DUBLIN--February 14, 2012: Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Power Electronics for Hybrid & Electric Vehicles, Volume 2 Passive Components" report to their offering.
“Power Electronics for Hybrid & Electric Vehicles, Volume 2 Passive Components”
Passive Components Are Playing a More and More Active Role
A +$2 Billion Market for Modules: a Big Opportunity for Power Electronics
In 2016, almost 25 million cars manufactured will be electrified, the majority of them being micro-HEV, with a low level of electrification. However, some 5 million will be full HEV, plug-in HEV or EV.
As a consequence, electric vehicles (EV) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) will represent the biggest accessible market for power device and system makers. Without getting completely mature, the EV/HEV industry has seen its first steps toward standardization. Electrical configuration shows a preference for parallel and split structures. Following the same logic, DC/DC boost converters and DC/AC inverters architecture for full HEV and EV are adopted. Getting the best switch at the lowest cost is a must. IGBT will continue having a bright future in hybrid and electric cars.
We expect the power module market to be near $5 Billion, most made with IGBT. It is huge and will change the game in power electronics market!
But there are still some uncertainties:
- What about new power semiconductor device adoption?
- Which materials will be preferred?
- What are the consequences on the rest of the powertrain? Cooling? Integration? Connectivity? Passives?
- What are the consequences on the supply chain?
Electrical Architectures Are Chosen but Supply Chain Keeps on Changing
China: Market Opportunity or Competitive Threat?
Technology Developments: Active, Passives and System Integration Passive Components Are Playing a More and More Active Role
Who Should Buy This Report?
- Car manufacturers and tier-one
- - Understand the supply-chain evolution and the technologies coming
- - Make the right partnerships with the right companies, and gain a strategic advantage
- - Understand your new market and plan your business expansion
- Power electronics players: material, equipment, device and module market players
- - Get the full picture and benchmark competitors and partners technical solutions
- - Understand the value-chain and its evolutions
- - Take the right decisions and position yourself in tough market
Companies Mentioned: To view the full list of 75+ companies that feature in this extensive report, click the link below