Mercedes-Benz USA Showcases New Technologies and Visions for the Future of Driving at CES
MONTVALE, NJ--Jan. 5, 2012: Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) and parent company Daimler AG will showcase vehicle technology of today, tomorrow and the future at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas from Jan. 10-13.
Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars, will deliver a keynote address to discuss the true meaning of the connected vehicle -- both what it is and what it isn't - at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 10, at the Las Vegas Hilton Theater.
Reporters are also invited to visit the MBUSA booth (#530 in the North Hall), where the company will demonstrate innovations including:
- mbrace2-- Mercedes-Benz's pioneering communications platform, offering the most comprehensive cloud-based system to date, accelerating the process of empowering drivers to customize their vehicle ownership experience to fit ever-changing needs. The mbrace2 system enables an incredible range of features and services related to safety, information, entertainment, personal assistance and vehicle care. These include cloud-based apps, traffic and navigation assistance, speech recognition, Internet browsing and searching, concierge services, automatic crash notifications, and more. The new platform is being shown as it will appear inside the re-designed MY2013 Mercedes-Benz SL, the first of many vehicles which comes standard this year.
- The mbrace2 smartphone app - Allows drivers to communicate and send information to their vehicle before getting inside. Drivers can use the app to find their vehicle, lock or unlock it, set valet parking protection, receive geo-fence alerts and Send2Benz, allowing drivers to socially connect with their friends and navigate to them.
- Mercedes-Benz Latest Suite of Advanced Driver Assistance System- The most comprehensive active safety system which keeps drivers safe by preventing accidents before they happen.
- The DriveStyle iPhone App -- Coming later this year, Mercedes-Benz will offer the DriveStyle iPhone App, which allows drivers to interact with the vehicle rather than the phone, minimizing driver distraction. This technology will be demonstrated in the brand-new Mercedes-Benz C350 coupe.
- F125! Research Vehicle - As a highlight marking 125 years of the automobile, Mercedes-Benz is presenting a visionary outlook on future technical developments in the luxury segment. The F125! research vehicle anticipates future trends and paves the way for innovative large and luxurious automobiles. The vehicle provides emission-free driving with a range of 621 miles.
- DICE, "Dynamic & Intuitive Control Experience" simulator --Take a seat into the future and wave your hands to take control of the vehicle of the future.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse line-up in the luxury segment with 14 model lines ranging from the sporty C-Class to the flagship S-Class sedans and the SLS AMG supercar.
MBUSA is also responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service of Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Vans and smart in the US. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at www.mbusa.com, MBSPRINTER USA and Smart USA