Jiffy Lube Honors Outstanding Franchisees, Employees at 32nd Annual Convention
CHICAGO--Sept. 22, 2011: As the nation's largest fast lube company convened to celebrate 32 years of leadership and plan for the future, Eastern champs, the "River City Raiders," from Jiffy Lube service center #285 in Fort Wayne, Ind., had a milestone of their own to celebrate. The employee team, or "J-Team," emerged as the 2011 J-Team All Stars Champion in the culmination of a months-long battle of 1,500 teams to showcase the knowledge and expertise that helps Jiffy Lube service center employees deliver a top-notch customer experience every day. In addition, the annual Convention was also a time to recognize Jiffy Lube franchisees from across North America for their commitment to excellence and outstanding achievements.The 2011 All-Star Champions
The "River City Raiders" had their game faces on at Sunday's Grand Finals event, the fifth and final round of the competition, beating out Western champions, the "Dukes and Duchess of Albuquerque" from Albuquerque, N.M., to emerge as this year's J-Team All Stars Champions. The competition, now in its third year, celebrates service center employees' dedication, teamwork and commitment to excellence by challenging participating teams to showcase their skills and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
"It was exciting to watch the 'River City Raiders' compete yesterday," said Stu Crum, president of Jiffy Lube International. "This competition sets Jiffy Lube apart -- it brings together the best and brightest employees from our nationally-recognized training program, Jiffy Lube University, and allows them to showcase the skills they share with our customers as the faces of our brand every day."
In a fight to the finish, the finalist teams were motivated by peers and spectators in the hope of taking home the title and the $10,000 team prize. The teams were judged by JLI District Managers on their teamwork, operational execution and customer experience skills, as well as how quickly they could perform a Jiffy Lube Signature Service® Oil Change, a preventive maintenance service that involves changing, inspecting, checking/filling and cleaning essential vehicle components.
Owned by Indiana Lubricants, Inc., a Jiffy Lube franchisee, service center #285's J-Team members include: James McHenry, customer service advisor; Bill Hines, upper bay technician; John Bixler, lower bay technician; Maurice Rogers, courtesy technician; and Lora Otto, team leader. "We're thrilled to be taking home the title this year," said Steve Sanner of Indiana Lubricants, Inc. "Our team faced some tough competition, but they pulled through because of their hard work each and every day; this win was well-deserved."
32nd Annual Convention Award Winners
As part of the 2011 Jiffy Lube Convention, Jiffy Lube franchisees and employees were recognized for their achievements over the past year. A highlight of this year's Convention was the announcement of Dave and Joye Griffin of Griffin Fast Lube, LLC, as this year's Franchisee of the Year. The award is presented to the entity that best exemplifies the Jiffy Lube brand and demonstrates ongoing commitment, support, strength and integrity while continuing to display their involvement in the Jiffy Lube business.
The Presidential Store Manager Recognition Award -- which celebrates the notable achievements of a Jiffy Lube store manager -- was awarded to Ryan Findley of Heartland Automotive Services, Inc. Findley, who manages store #1572 in Chesterfield, Mo., was recognized for outstanding achievement in training, operations, customer service and day-to-day operations, while consistently demonstrating dedication to his team and the Jiffy Lube business.
Michael Merritts (Eastern Division) and Bob Haid (Western Division) took home the 2011 District Managers of the Year Awards based on positive financial impact on their franchisees' businesses, outstanding support in franchisee operations and business insights.
Dedication, Compassion, Respect and Integrity
- The Harold Burney Award honors a franchisee who has shown hard work and dedication to Jiffy Lube and fellow franchisees. This year, Bob Falter of Multi Management, Inc. in Forest Hill, Md. was honored for his continuous support of his fellow franchisees, and commitment to Jiffy Lube practices and initiatives.
- The Jon Harvey Memorial Award recognizes a franchisee that epitomizes integrity, intensity and intimacy; this year's award was presented to Mark Mavris of T & M Enterprises of PA, Inc., in Bel Air, Md.
- The Arlene Karlson Heart and Soul Award is named for a late franchisee known for her compassion for employees and contributions to the community. This year's recipient, Kirk Umphrey of Lube Management, Inc. in Sandy, Utah, exemplifies "heart" and "soul" through his dedication to both local charities and employees.
- Paul Jacques, Franchise Learning Manager, was recognized as the recipient of this year's Lisa Carlson Mentor Award, which honors Jiffy Lube International's former Global Director of Marketing. The award is presented to an individual who consistently demonstrates commitment, care, support, guidance and respect for diversity in mentoring and guiding employees at all levels.
Additional award winners included:
- Customer Excellence Award: STC Management Group in Woodbridge, Va. wasrecognized for its success in attracting both new and repeat customers to Jiffy Lube, and dedication to improving the customer experience.
- People Award: BroadBase, Inc., located in West Sacramento, Calif. was honored for its training and development program; putting employees first; providing a well-rounded training program; and offering outstanding employee benefits.
- Operations Award: Lubricar, Inc., located in Albuquerque, N.M. was acknowledged for its operational excellence, adherence to policies and procedures, and commitment to improving the customer experience.
- Fleet Growth Award: Stephen Hagen with S&S Group of Wilmington, Inc. in Wilmington, N.C. wasrecognized for exceptional fleet growth.
- Facilities Award: Joe Menendez of the Menendez Group in Cockeysville, Md. washonored with the Facilities Award for consistently taking pride in his facilities and developing best-in-class stores in the market.
To find a Jiffy Lube in your area, please visit Locations.JiffyLube.com. Visit JiffyLube.com to find oil change coupons and promotions, Jiffy Lube news articles, community involvement programs and events, franchise information, and employment opportunities. Also, anyone can visit the new Jiffy Lube Facebook community, "Keeping My Ride Alive," to view photos and stories from drivers committed to extending the life of their vehicles, as well as upload photos and stories of their own.
Note to Editors: Photos of award winners are available upon request.
About Jiffy Lube ®
Jiffy Lube International Inc. ("Jiffy Lube"), with more than 2,000 franchised service centers in North America, serves approximately 24 million customers each year. Jiffy Lube pioneered the fast oil change industry in 1979 by establishing the first drive-through service bay, providing customers with fast, professional service for their vehicles. Headquartered in Houston, Jiffy Lube is a wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Shell Oil Company.
Royal Dutch Shell plc
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and New York stock exchanges. Shell companies have operations in more than 100 countries with businesses including oil and gas exploration and production; production and marketing of Liquefied Natural Gas and Gas to Liquids; manufacturing, marketing and shipping of oil products and chemicals and renewable energy projects including wind and solar power.