Research and Markets: Opportunities in Indian Automobile Sector
DUBLIN--March 22, 2011: Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Opportunities in Indian Automobile Sector" report to their offering.
Since the de-licensing in 1991, India has emerged as the second largest automobile market in the world in terms of sales volume. Supported by increasing disposable incomes, growing middle class aspirations, investment friendly Government policies and easier financing options, the demand of automobile has been witnessing a steady growth over the past few years. In FY 2009-10 passenger car sales in India increased by almost 26 per cent despite the effect of global economic downturn. Similarly, the passenger car sales have registered a Y-o-Y sales growth of around 32 per cent between April 2010 and November 2010.
The report titled Opportunities in Indian Automobile Sector' provides a succinct but deep dive analysis of the current status and overall growth prospects of the Indian automobile industry. The report provides an insight into the behaviour of prominent value chain determinants of the automobile sector like passenger car market, commercial vehicle market and two wheeler market; substantiating key findings with necessary statistics. The research also probes into the various efforts taken by both the Indian Government and the car manufacturers to promote the use of green technology in the country's automobile sector.
'Opportunities in Indian Automobile Sector' is an outcome of comprehensive research and analysis of the Indian automobile sector. The research team has also attempted to identify various factors that are helping India to emerge as the preferred passenger car manufacturing destination in the world. The report analyses the impact of the union budget FY 2012 on the Indian automobile sector. The team has mapped the competitive landscape of the sector and tried to shed light on the operations/strategies of the key players. Thus, the information available in the report is expected to enable the target audience in understanding the contemporary industry scenario.
Key findings in the report include:
- The increased competition among various car manufacturers which are based on parameters like competitive pricing, customised products and good after sales services are driving the growth in the country's automobile sector which witnessed a Y-o-Y growth of approximately 32 per cent in first eight months of 2010
- After the announce of budget for the FY 2012, the Indian middle class are now expected to have more disposable income to spend on low cost passenger cars. The Indian Finance minister increasing the income-tax exemption limit to Rs 1.8 lakhs, in case of senior citizens (above 60 years) to Rs 2.5 lakh and in case of super-senior citizens (above 80 years) to Rs 5 lakhs
- The auto companies in India are increasingly focusing on developing their own financing arms with an objective of providing easy financing and removing cost barriers from the customers' mind. Audi for instance believes that by offering loans to potential consumers in India, will help it to increase its sale by almost 50 per cent in 2011.
Delivery Time: Three Business days
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Methodology
2. Key Market Trends & Growth Drivers
3. Indian Automobile Sector: Overview
4. Indian Automobile Sector Market Performance
5. India: Passenger Vehicle Manufacturing Hub
6. Union Budget FY 2012: Impact on Automobile Sector
7. Increased Focus on Green Vehicle Development
8. Auto Financing: Driving Growth in Luxury Car Sales
9. Key Players Profile
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
- Hyundai Motors India Ltd
- Tata Motors Ltd
- Mahindra & Mahindra