ISO 9000 Conference-Call for Papers
ISO 9000 Conference - Call for Papers
15th Annual International Conference on ISO 9000
Conference Dates: February 26-27, 2007
Conference Workshops: February 25-28, 2007
Location: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando, Florida
Deadline for submitting a proposal: August 25, 2006
The International Conference on ISO 9000 continues to be the leading
conference on ISO 9000 and related standards. For 2007, we will continue to offer
the most current and comprehensive technical program, as well as the best
networking opportunities for our attendees.
The Technical Committee is seeking proposals for technical sessions and
workshops. We are especially interested in practical information, proven
strategies, and lessons learned.
Technical presentations are typically 45 minutes including Q & A; however,
we will consider presentations between 30 to 90 minutes in length. Workshops
are typically eight hours to three days. There is no limit to the type or
number of proposals that you may submit.
The conference attendees come from a wide range of backgrounds and
interests. Sectors represented at the conference include aerospace, defense,
government, automotive, service, public safety, chemicals, construction,
electronics, telecommunications, energy, equipment, financial, food and beverage,
healthcare, information technology, medical devices, metals, mining, agriculture,
optical, pharmaceuticals, printing, public administration, education,
recycling, rubber and plastic products, textiles, and transportation.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Technical Committee for relevance,
innovation, demonstrated application, and technical content. Priority will be given
to best practices, new and unique approaches and case studies that have
resulted in measurable improvements to organizational processes and/or customer
The following is a list of suggested topics; however, you are not limited to
the list. Feel free to send proposals in areas that you feel are relevant.
1) Expected 2008 amendment to ISO 9001 and revision to ISO 9004
2) Aerospace AS9100, AS9110, & AS9120
3) Six Sigma & ISO 9000 integration
4) Lean & ISO 9000 integration
5) Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
6) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and related problem solving
tools such as 8D.
7) Health and Safety Standards
8) Social Responsibility
10) Change management
11) Integrated management systems (integrating QMS, EMS, OHSMS, Etc.
12) Financial FS-9000
13) ISO 9001 Risk Management and Sarbanes-Oxley
14) Government applications for ISO 9000
15) Homeland Security applications for ISO 9000
16) Automotive ISO/TS 16949
17) Healthcare IWA-1
18) Environmental ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001
19) Agriculture AG 9000
20) Metrics for improved customer satisfaction
21) Analysis of customer survey data, supplier performance data, and
22) Supply chain management and improvement
23) Multi-standard applications
24) Multi-site applications
25) Standards integration and its effect on the bottom line
26) Statistical Process Control (SPC)
27) Organizational Excellence such as the Malcolm Baldrige Award & ISO
28) Balanced Scorecard
29) Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
30) Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
31) Deming‚€™s System of Profound Knowledge
32) Preventive and Corrective Actions to improve the bottom line
33) Disciplined Problem Solving
34) Design including design input, output, planning, review, validation
35) Audit concepts, tools & techniques
36) Intranet and Internet applications
37) New application areas for sector-specific standards
38) CE Mark & product safety
39) How to select a registrar
40) How to select a consultant
41) Must-have products and services to make the quality manager‚€™s life
42) Careers in Quality Management or ISO 9000, and how to improve your
43) Unique approaches and methods
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Each proposal should contain the following:
a) Author(s) name, title(s), and organization(s). For multiple authors,
please indicate clearly to whom correspondence should be made and list the
principal author first
b) Full mailing address, telephone, fax and e-mail for each author listed.
c) Complete title of the presentation/workshop. Please limit the title to
60 characters. Your abstract must include 5 to 8 key words that capture the
contents of your paper.
d) An Abstract not to exceed 500 words.
e) A Biography of the author(s), 500 words maximum each author.
f) Indicate the target level of audience by specifying one of the
following: Basic (beginner), Intermediate (practitioner), or Advanced (expert).
g) Indicate the industry sector for which the presentation is most suited
for, i.e., general, manufacturing, service, government, automotive, aerospace,
health care, finance, agriculture, etc.
h) For workshops, in addition to an Abstract/Workshop Description and a
Biography, please submit a one-page Workshop Outline with key learning
objectives, and indicate the optimum duration for the workshop (half, one, two, or
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS IS AUGUST 25, 2006.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by September 29, 2006, and
will receive further instructions for preparing their presentations/workshops.
The conference registration fee will be waived for the principal presenter.
Please submit your proposal electronically to:
Attn: John Gray, Conference, Vice-Chair
International Conference on ISO 9000
4 Camden Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15215 USA
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org_ (mailto:email@example.com)
For specific questions about abstract submittals you may contact John Gray,
Technical Program Chair, at (757) 764-9372. For general questions about
the conference, call us at (412) 782-3383. For regular updates, please visit
the conference website at www.iso9000conference.com
HOTEL INFORMATION: The conference will be held at the following location:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Orlando, Florida 32830
Phone: (407) 939-1020, (407) 939-6244; Fax: (407) 939-1012
To take a virtual tour of the hotel, please click on the following link:
Please forward this e-mail to friends or colleagues who might be interested.
To remove yourself from this mailing list, or if this message has reached
you in error, please reply to this message with the word "remove" in the
subject header, or contact us at: 4-B Camden Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15215. This
e-mail is sent with the valid ‚€œ'remove‚€??? instruction. Thank you!