Jeep Owners Converge on Road America for 12th Annual Camp Jeep
* Bumpy, muddy driving adventure arrives at Road America in Elkhart Lake,
Wis., Aug. 10-12
* The Blues Brothers, starring Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi, perform Saturday, Aug. 12
* Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, an air show and the National Anthem Project complement off-road driving trails and lifestyle activities
AUBURN HILLS, MI - August 7, 2006: Camp Jeep, the off-road driving and activity-filled summertime gathering for Jeep enthusiasts and their families, comes to Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wis., August 10-12, 2006. More than 1,000 vehicles packed with Jeep devotees from 39 states are expected to join in the annual event, now in its 12th year, as it makes its first appearance in Wisconsin.
In addition to the popular 4x4 off-road trail rides and lifestyle activities, Camp Jeep attendees will be able to test drive three all-new vehicles: the 2007 Jeep Compass, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. The all-new 2007 Jeep Patriot will be on display. New this year are thrill rides in the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8 and a rally course for the Jeep Compass. Back for the second year will be a special exhibition by skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, plus the Jeep King of the Mountain Professional Bike World Championship.
As the National Presenting Sponsor, Jeep will also host "The National Anthem Project: Restoring America's Voice," a multi-year national education initiative to reteach Americans the words to "The Star-Spangled Banner" and focus attention on music education programs.
Thursday, Aug. 10
* 8:15-9 a.m. - Opening ceremony
Performance of the national anthem, in celebration of the Jeep- sponsored National Anthem Project, by the Kiel (Wisconsin) High School Show Choir
Friday, Aug. 11
* 1 p.m. - Air show featuring World War II vintage aircrafts
Saturday, Aug. 12
* 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. - Skateboarding exhibition by Tony Hawk
* 2-4 p.m. - Jeep King of the Mountain Professional Bike World Championship
* 7:30 p.m. - Jeep Jubilee with The Blues Brothers