Renault Launches 2006 Trafic Generation Evado
Trafic Generation Evado, An Invitation to Travel
Paris – March 9, 2006: Renault introduced their new Trafic Generation Evado Limited Edition on Monday, featuring equipment unique to this version and unprecedented interior flexibility. Included in the Limited Edition is a powered coolbox (for cooling and warming contents) for picnics, a parking heater and blackout blinds for night-time stopovers, and a portable DVD player for entertainment.
Trafic Generation Evado is available with a choice of two diesel engines: the 1.9 dCi 100 and the 2.5 dCi 140 – both of which can be coupled with a six-speed manual gearbox, while the latter is also available with Quickshift 6 robotized transmission. Prices in France range from €34,300 to €37,300 ($36,700 to $44,400 USD, approx.).
The Evado limited edition features the same level of functionality and comfort as Trafic Generation from which it is derived. The highly flexible interior includes pivoting, sliding seats, a retractable side-table and a sliding rear benchseat that can be converted into a bed. In addition to the equipment delivered with the Privilège version – including front and rear climate control and a radio/CD player – Trafic Generation Evado comes as standard with exclusive items aimed at traveling comfort and leisure. The powered coolbox permits drinks to be chilled or dishes to be kept warm for picnic halts.
Meanwhile, the programmable parking heater keeps the cabin at a cozy temperature even with the engine turned off. And after dark, blackout curtains prevent being seen from outside and shut out daylight in the morning. Last but not least, the portable DVD player and wireless headset will keep the children entertained during long journeys.
Quickshift 6 robotized transmission: fuel-efficiency, comfort and performance
In addition to the six-speed manual gearbox, Trafic Generation Evado can also be ordered with six-speed Quickshift robotized transmission coupled with the 2.5 dCi 140 engine. This technology, which has been available for Trafic and Master since mid-2005, combines the performance and fuel efficiency of a manual gearbox with the ease of use of an automatic transmission. Indeed, the combined cycle fuel consumption for Trafic Generation Evado 2.5 dCi 140 Quickshift 6 is a low 8.1l/100km for a range of more than 1,100km on a single tank of fuel.
Quickshift 6 transmission enables the driver to choose between the flick-shift manual mode which allows him or her to change gear as required and the automatic mode which requires no outside intervention by the user. It also dispenses with the need for a clutch pedal and, instead, the car is equipped with a joystick-type gear lever, "snow" and "heavy load" mode controls and a dashboard digital display of the gear currently engaged.
- Pivoting, height-adjustable driver and front passenger "Captain's Chair" (lumbar-adjustable on driver's side) with armrests
- 1 sliding, pivoting Row 2 seat behind driver (can be folded forward to form a small table), complete with Isofix anchorage points, armrests and drawer
- Rear, sliding, removable three-passenger benchseat (can be converted to form a bed)
- Closed and open side stowage plus 60-litre boot underneath rear benchseat
- Armrests, 3-point seatbelts and headrests for all seats
- Sliding, retractable side-table
- 32-litre rail-mounted coolbox (for chilling or keeping warm)
- Additional rear heater unit with ducts to rear seats
- Programmable, fully-independent parking heater with front, roof-mounted digital control module
- Front and rear climate control with adjustable roof-mounted vents and adjustment of airflow to the rear
- Two rear 12V power sockets, plus two centrally-positioned cabin lights and table reading lamp
- ABS with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Driver and passenger front and lateral airbags
- Exclusive "Evado" side badging
- Auxiliary battery and electrical connector to protect the main battery
- Full wheel trims and clear glass indicator housings
- Portable DVD player with carrying bag and bracket, including 7-inch screen, wireless headset, remote control, 12V/220V adapter and battery
- Eight-function trip computer
- "Power Pack" (front windows, exterior mirrors and power central locking)
- Integral body-colored paint
- Pre-telephone equipment (dual-band aerial, 12V power supply, radio mute, microphone, and wiring)
- 4x15W radio/CD player with fingertip remote control, 6 loudspeakers, code and remote display
- "Night Pack" blackout curtains for all windows
- Rear sun-blinds
- Top-of-the-range "Confort" upholstery
- Reach-adjustable four-spoke steering wheel
Edited by Marc J. Rauch