Delphi to Highlight Environmental, Safety News at IAA 2005
Delphi plans to present 10 new technologies and several new customer programs at show
Many technologies and programs center around the environment, including diesel
FRANKFURT, Germany, Aug. 15 -- Delphi Corp. plans to present 10 new technologies and announce several new customer programs at the 61st International Motor Show (IAA) Cars next month.
Much of this news will focus on two of Delphi's principal concerns in Europe: Helping protect the environment and helping better protect motorists through innovative safety technologies.
"Two of our main product goals are to help take the automobile out of the environmental equation, and to help protect motorists throughout the entire driving experience," said Volker Barth, president, Delphi Europe, Middle East and Africa. "With the environment, we are developing new technologies that will help automakers produce better-performing vehicles that improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and more. With safety, we are developing new technologies that will help protect drivers and occupants during every day driving, as well as before, during and after a collision event. We are particularly proud to push the boundaries on what is technically possible and commercially viable."
In environmental-related news, Delphi will show a new halogen-free, recyclable cable that may be the most significant breakthrough in wiring technology in 30 years.
Among its many safety technologies, Delphi will show a first-ever integrated Driver Protection Module, which offers drivers up to 27 percent more protection from serious injury during a frontal collision based on crash simulations.
Anticipated new product introductions include:
* Low-cost Infrared Side Alert System, designed to help drivers be more aware of vehicles in their blind spots when changing lanes and making turns.
* Delphi's new Slush Cast TPO Skin, which provides low-cost interior luxury by using breakthrough design and process technology.
* Delphi's latest mobile multi media technology for post-purchase installation, including a new hands-free application using Bluetooth technology for added driver safety.
* Innovative illumination technologies for interior comfort and personalization.
New applications include:
* Diesel common rail for a new range of prestigious passenger car engines.
* A world-leading air suspension system, an innovative new roll-control system and adaptive cruise control for one of the most powerful, most dynamically capable SUVs ever produced.
* A new Power Sliding Door planned for a European application in a new vehicle sector.