Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Open Road Tour is a Treat for Every Sense: Sight, Sound and the Sense-Sational
LOS ANGELES, June 27 -- It was a hundred years in the making and we'll never see anything like it in our lifetime again. It's huge (more than 50 acres), it's truly an entertainment extravaganza (more than 12 bands on two stages) and it has something for everyone.
California Speedway will host the third leg of a 10-city worldwide traveling celebration uniting motorcycles, music, history and more September 6-8. This is the Harley-Davidson 100th Anniversary Open Road Tour, a series of gigantic weekend festivals created to ignite the passion for freedom and celebrate a true American icon.
But because the world has never seen an event the size or scope of the Open Road Tour, it may be easier to look at it this way ...
* It's bigger than a concert -- Every Open Road Tour stop will feature at least 12 incredible musical acts over three days. Los Lobos, Journey and the Doobie Brothers are scheduled to perform in Los Angeles, where music lovers also will have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see The Doors (Ray Manzarek, Robby Kreiger, John Densmore* & musical guests -- *due to a personal consideration, John Densmore's participation is subject to change).
* It's cooler than the Guggenheim's "Art of the Motorcycle" -- Elvis and Jon Bon Jovi's Harleys are just a few of the amazing motorcycles that will be on display. Everywhere spectators walk they'll find multi-media exhibits revealing the colorful history of the Motor Company, never-before-seen machines and artifacts from the Harley-Davidson Archives, and even vintage motorcycle toys!
* It's no county fair -- Motorcycle drill teams and stunt riders will put on daily shows. Need an adrenaline break? How about a 2,000-seat theater showcasing Harley-Davidson's portrayal in the movies over time, or the children's pavilion that has kids' games and other entertainment for children like demo-rides on Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson ride-on motorcycle toys.
* It's got entertainment you can't see anywhere else -- There are also theater-style shows including a high energy tap and rhythm spectacular and biker fashion show that can be found only at a Harley-Davidson event.
* And it's all for a good cause -- The Harley-Davidson Open Road Tour and other 100th Anniversary events will raise funds to help find a cure for muscular dystrophy and aid research and program services for children and adults with neuromuscular diseases.
"It's hard to put into words," said Joanne Bischmann, vice president of marketing for Harley-Davidson. "We knew that kicking off Harley-Davidson's next 100 years was going to call for something huge -- an unforgettable Harley-Davidson experience for anyone who participates. We think the Open Road Tour fits the bill."
Once the Open Road Tour rolls to a stop in the Summer of 2003, enthusiasts can join the Ride Home, organized rides throughout North America heading to Milwaukee for three days of celebrations and special events. The official birthday party will take place in Milwaukee on August 31, 2003, launching Harley-Davidson into the next 100 years.
Tickets for U.S. and Canadian Open Road Tour stops are on sale now. To purchase tickets for the Open Road Tour, visit www.harley-davidson.com , www.ticketmaster.com or contact your local Ticketmaster office. Tickets for Open Road Tour event stops are $55.00 per day in the U.S. and $75.00 Canadian per day in Canada. Kids age 13 and under, accompanied by an adult, are free of charge. For additional information on the Open Road Tour or the 100th Anniversary, visit www.harley-davidson.com .
Harley-Davidson, Inc. is the parent company for the group of companies doing business as Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Buell Motorcycle Company and Harley-Davidson Financial Services. Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces Heavyweight Street, custom and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories, apparel and general merchandise. Buell Motorcycle Company produces sport motorcycles in addition to motorcycle parts, accessories and apparel. Harley-Davidson Financial Services, Inc. provides wholesale and retail financing and insurance programs to Harley-Davidson/Buell dealers and customers.
For further information, please contact: Brandy Phillips for Harley-Davidson, Inc., +1-310-407-6577, or mobile, +1-323-309-8643, firstname.lastname@example.org.