Tesla Buyers Guide
2013 Tesla Model S Base
CTY: 94 HWY: 97 CMB: 95
Engine/Fuel: MOTOR /ELE
Door/Body Style: 4 Door/Luxury Sedan,SDN
Drive Type: RWD
New model status: Carryover
Prices/WarrantySee the prices and various warranties offered.
- MSRP: $69,900
- Invoice Price: $0
- Destination Charge: $0
- Basic (Month): 48
- Basic (Mileage): 50000
- Powertrain (Month): 48
- Powertrain (Mileage): 50000
- Rust (Month):
- Rust (Mileage):
Engine & EmissionsView engine and emission data on this vehicle.
- Engines & Emissions
- Roadside Assistance Warranty for 48-Months, 50,000-Miles
- ZLEV Emissions
- Type of Engine: MOTOR
- Horsepower @ RPM: 302@5000
- Turbo: N
- RPM @ Peak Horsepower: 5000
- Fuel Type: ELE
DimensionsSee the interior and exterior dimensions.
- Exterior Dimensions
- Track Front: 65.4
- Track Rear: 66.9
- Ground Clearance (in): 6.1
- Overall Length (in): 195.9
- Overall Width (in): 77.3
- Overall Height (in): 56.5
- Wheelbase (in): 116.5
- Curb weight (lbs): 4647
- Interior Dimensions
- Seating capacity - Standard: 5
- Seating Capacity - Maximum: 7
- Headroom front (in): 38.8
- Headroom rear (in): 35.3
- Hip room front (in): 55.0
- Hip room rear (in): 54.7
- Leg room front (in): 42.7
- Leg room rear (in): 35.4
- Shoulder room front (in): 57.7
- Shoulder room rear (in): 55.0
FeaturesSee the features of this vehicle.
- Exterior Features
- Bodyside/Cab Step or Running Board: Not listed
- Bumper Step Up: N/A
- Front Air Dam: N/A
- Metallic Paint: Option
- Power Sliding Side Van Door: N/A
- Power Trunk Lid: Option
- Rear Spoiler: Standard
- Skid Plate or Underbody Protection: N/A
- Splash or Mud Guards: Not listed
- Wind Deflector or Buffer for Convertibles: N/A
- Automatic Headlights With Automatic On/Off and Time Delay
- Automatic High/Low Beam Control High Intensity Discharge Headlights With Automatic Leveling
- Chrome Grille, Body Side Moldings, Cladding, Chrome Exterior Door Handles and Chrome Side Windows
- Daytime Running Lights
- Front and Rear Body Color Bumpers
- Perimeter Lighting Activated Via Remote
- Rear Spoiler
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning: Standard
- Automatic Climate Control: Standard
- Interior Pollen/Particle/Dust Air Filter: Standard
- Rear Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning: Standard
- Rear HVAC Ducts: Standard
- Rear Seat HVAC Controls: Standard
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Automatic Climate Control
- Interior Air Filter
- Rear Air Conditioning Unit
- Rear HVAC Ducts
- Rear Seat Heating and Air Conditioning HVAC Controls
- Separate Driver/Front Passenger Climate Controls
- Cassette Player: Not listed
- CD Changer: Not listed
- CD Player: Not listed
- DVD Player: Not listed
- Hands Free or Voice Activated Phone: N/A
- Navigational Aid: Option
- Radio: Standard
- Second Row Sound Controls/Accessories: Not listed
- Subwoofer: Standard
- Telematic Systems: Standard
- Entertainment, Communication & Navigation
- Auxiliary Audio Input Jack
- Hard Drive
- In-Glass Radio Antenna
- Internet Access Available
- Memory Device Reader
- Wireless Communication Access For Enabled Devices with Streaming Audio
- Battery Gauge: Not listed
- Clock: Standard
- Compass: Standard
- Cruise Control: Standard
- Electroluminescent Instrumentation: N/A
- Gauges: Standard
- Inside Temperature Gauge: Not listed
- Intelligent Cruise Control: N/A
- Night Vision: N/A
- Oil Gauge: Not listed
- Outside Temperature Gauge: Standard
- Service or Maintenance Interval Indicator: Not listed
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls: Standard
- Tachometer: Not listed
- Tire Inflation/Pressure Monitor: Standard
- Trip Computer: Standard
- Automatic/Delayed Locking and Automatic Headlights
- Cruise Control
- Digital Clock
- Exterior Temperature Gauge
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls For Air Conditioning, Audio and Cruise Control
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Trip Computer With Trip Odometer
- Voice Activated Controls For Audio and Bluetooth(R) Wireless Enabled Devices
- Warning Lights Include Door Ajar, Headlights-On and Key-In-Ignition
- Automatic Headlights: Standard
- Cornering Lights: Option
- Daytime Running Lights: Standard
- Fog Lights: Not listed
- Halogen Headlights: Not listed
- Headlight Washers: N/A
- High Intensity Discharge Headlights: Standard
- Windshield Wiper Activated Headlights: N/A
- Power Sunroof/Moonroof: Option
- Removable/Convertible Top: Standard
- Sunroof/Moonroof: Option
- Wheels & Tires
- Alloy Wheels: Standard
- Chrome Wheels: Not listed
- Exterior Rear Mounted Tire Carrier: N/A
- Full Size Spare Tire: Not listed
- Interior Spare Tire for SUVs & Vans: Not listed
- Self Sealing/Run Flat Tires: N/A
- Steel Wheels: Not listed
- Underbody Tire Carrier: Not listed
- Wheels & Tires
- Alloy Wheels Front 19-in. X 8-in. and Rear 19-in. X 8-in.
- front and rear tires P245/45YR19 BSW All-Season
- Spare Tire Credit/Delete
- Windows, Mirrors & Wipers
- Exterior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirrir
- Glass Rear Window on Convertible
- Heated Exterior Mirror
- Heated Washer System
- Heated Windshield Glass
- Interior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirror
- Interval Wipers
- Oversize or Wide Angle Exterior Mirror
- Power Adjustable Exterior Mirror
- Power Backlight Window
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Rear Wiper
- Sliding Rear Pickup Truck Window
- Tinted Glass
- Vehicle Speed Sensing Wiper Interval
- Windshield Wiper De-Icer
- Exterior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirrir: Option
- Glass Rear Window on Convertible: Not listed
- Heated Exterior Mirror: Standard
- Heated Washer System: Option
- Heated Windshield Glass: N/A
- Interior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirror: N/A
- Interval Wipers: Standard
- Oversize or Wide Angle Exterior Mirror: N/A
- Power Adjustable Exterior Mirror: Standard
- Power Backlight Window: N/A
- Rain Sensing Wipers: Standard
- Rear Wiper: Not listed
- Sliding Rear Pickup Truck Window: N/A
- Tinted Glass: Standard
- Vehicle Speed Sensing Wiper Interval: Standard
- Windshield Wiper De-Icer: Option
- Windows, Mirrors & Wipers
- Dual Body Color Folding Power Adjustable Heated Exterior Rearview Mirrors
- Front and Rear Power Windows With One-Touch Up and One-Touch Down
- Front Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
- Front Vanity Mirror
- Rain Sensing Vehicle Speed Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Rear Window Defroster
- Tinted Glass
Safety FeaturesView the built in safety features included.
- Safety Features
- Driver Airbag
- Front and Rear Side Head Curtain Airbags
- Front Dual Knee Airbags
- Front Pretensioners
- Passenger Airbag
- Passenger Airbag Cutoff Sensor
- Rear Center 3-Point Seatbelts
- Rear Electronic Parking Aid With Camera
- Seat Mounted Front Side Airbags
- Side Guard Door Beams
- Locking Pickup Truck Tailgate
- Power Child Safety Door Locks Located on Rear Doors
- Power Door Locks Operated Via Key and Remote With Automatic Locking
- Power Trunk Lock/Unlock Via Multi-Function Remote and Interior Switch
- Vehicle Anti-Theft Via Alarm and Engine Immobilizer
- Braking & Traction
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
- Automatic Release Parking Brake
- Front Power 355-mm Ventilated Disc and Rear Power 365-mm Ventilated Disc Brakes
- Traction Control Controlled by Engine Management
- Vehicle Stability Control System
Read ReviewsExpert opinions you can trust.
- 2016 Tesla Reviews
- 2016 Tesla Model X Review By John Heilig
- 2015 Tesla Reviews
- 2015 Tesla S Review By John Heilig
- 2007 Tesla Reviews
- Tesla Motors Gets Blasted On Environmental and Energy Issues
Fuel Economy GuideResearch the yearly spend on gasoline for every Tesla in our database.
The fuel economy calculations assume annual mileage of 15,000 miles, 45% of which is highway miles and 55% city miles and fuel costs of $2.79 per gallon. These figures can be adjusted to more accurately reflect your driving style and fuel costs in your area:
NHTSA Test ResultsGet crash test results, service bulletins, and product recalls for every Tesla model.
Crash Test Data for 2013 Tesla
Tesla Vehicle Front Star Rating Side Star Rating Rollover Resistance Rating Driver Passenger Front Seat Rear Seat 2013 Tesla
Service Bulletins for 2013 Tesla
2013 TESLA MODEL S Bulletin Number: 13-31-003 TESLA MOTORS, INC 2012-2013 MODEL S: INFORMATION REGARDING FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINTS DEVELOPING GREATER FREE PLAY THAN EXPECTED. INSTALLING (4)WEDGE- LOCK WASHERS ON THE LOWER ARM BALL JOINT WILL CORRECT THE PROBLEM. *LJ Bulletin Number: 14-40-001 TESLA MOTORS INC 2013-2014 MODEL S : BULETIN INFORMATION REGARDING REPLACING REAR DRIVE UNIT. SOME UNITS HAVE INADEQUATE GREASE, WHICH MAY CAUSE A LOUD CLUNKING SOUND DURING ACCELERATOR. *LJ Bulletin Number: 15-17-005 TESLA MOTORS, INC 2012-2014: BULLETIN INFORMATION REGARDING UPGRADED 12V POSITIVE JUMP POST NEEDS REPLACEMENT OF THE OLD POST WHICH CAN CAUSE CORROSION & PREVENT EXTERNAL CHARGING OF THE 12V BATTERY. *LJ Bulletin Number: SB-12-17-013 TESLA: SOME 12V BATTERY, IF OVERTORQUED, ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO WEAKENING AND BREAKAGE FROM POSITIVE TERMINALS WITH CASTING POROSITY AND IF TERMINAL FAILS, AFTER IGNITION IS OFF, WILL NOT RESTART. MODEL 2012 MODEL S. *PE Bulletin Number: SB-12-31-001 TESLA: BECAUSE OF IMPROPER PRELOAD ON REAR WHEEL BEARINGS, DUE TO REPEATED HEAVY ACCELERATION, CAN CAUSE REAR WHEEL AXLE NUTS TO LOSE PROPER TORQUE AND PREMATURE BEARING WEAR. MODEL 2012 MODEL S. *PE UPDATED 1/24/2014 *JS Bulletin Number: SB-12-34-002 TESLA: ONCE VEHICLE IS PARKED, AIR IN TIRES (21 INCH WHEELS) COOLS, IN COLD AMBIENT TEMPERATURES, CAN CAUSE TIRE PRESSURE TO DECREASE BELOW THRESHOLD, WHICH IS CLOSE TO PROPER INFLATION PRESSURE, RESULTING IN ILLUMINATION OF TIRE PRESSURE I Bulletin Number: SB-12-44-005 TESLA MOTORS: PROCEDURES TO RECONFIGURE THE COOLANT LINES AND FIRMWARE IN ORDER TO INSTALL A SECOND CHARGER. MODEL INCLUDES MODEL S ALL MODEL YEARS. *JS Bulletin Number: SB1313001R6 THIS SERVICE BULLETIN CONTAINS INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE OPTIONAL THIRD ROW SEAT. INCLUDED IN THIS PROCEDURE ARE STEPS TO ADD THE REAR CROSSMEMBER (IF NEEDED), REMOVE AND MODIFY EXISTING TRIM PANELS, INSTALL HARDWARE, ADD THE 2ND RO Bulletin Number: SB1315007R3 DESCRIBES HOW TO INSTALL THE CENTER CONSOLE FLOOR FINISHER TO MATCH THE DASH TRIM APPEARANCE. Bulletin Number: SB1315014R4 DESCRIBES HOW TO INSTALL THE 1ST GENERATION PREMIUM CENTER CONSOLE ASSEMBLY. Bulletin Number: SB-13-24-006 R3 Some Model S vehicles might experience wind noise from the leading edge of the panoramic roof at high speed. Bulletin Number: SB-13-34-001 TESLA: PAINTED LUG NUTS OR OVERSPRAY PAINT ON SEAT, MIGHT BE CORRODED IN THREAD AREA, LEADING TO INADEQUATE CLAMPING TORQUE AND NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED TO PREVENT VIBRATION, SHIMMING, KNOCKING OR CLUNKING NOISE, WHILE DRIVING. MODEL 2012 MO Bulletin Number: SB-13-44-010 TESLA: INFORMATION PROVIDED IN REGARDS TO INSTALLING A SECOND (SLAVE) CHARGER THAT IS CURRENTLY CONFIGURED, IN A VEHICLE, WITH ONLY ONE MASTER CHARGER. MODEL 2013-15 S. *PE Bulletin Number: SB1344010R4 UPGRADE A VEHICLE FROM A SINGLE 2ND GENERATION CHARGER TO DUAL 2ND GENERATION CHARGERS. Bulletin Number: SB-13-50-003 TESLA MOTORS INC. : INSTRUCTIONS ON REASSEMBLY OF HPWC FUSES. *LJ Bulletin Number: SB-13-90-002 R3 Instructions for installing the carbon fiber spoiler. Bulletin Number: SB-13-96-002 TESLA MOTORS INC. : SERVICE BULLETIN SUPERSEDES SB-12-95-002 REVISION DATED NOVEMBER 12, 2012 . MRB PARTS RETURNS LIST FOR ALL NON-MAINTENANCE RELATED MODEL S PARTS EXCEPT 6005894 & 1021634. *LJ Bulletin Number: SB-14-17-003 TESLA: INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING REPLACEMENT OF REAR DOORS, ON SOME VEHICLES, THAT MAY BE COMPATIBLE BUT FAIL TO HAVE SAME MOUNTING POINTS FOR ELECTRICAL HARNESS. MODEL 2012-2014 S. *PE Bulletin Number: SB-14-21-004 TESLA: INSIDE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (IC), CIRCUIT BOARD WAS SOLDERED, WHILE USING AN IMPROPER FLUX, IN SOME VEHICLES, AND CAN LEAD TO SHORTER THAN EXPECTED LIFESPAN AND QUALITY CONCERNS. MODEL 2012-2014 S. *PE Bulletin Number: SB-14-30-002 R4 Three metal plates are installed on the front subframe to deflect road debris and protect the underbody from possible damage. Bulletin Number: SB-14-40-001 TESLA: 2013-2014 MODEL S: INFORMATION REGARDING REPLACING REAR DRIVE UNIT PRODUCED WITH INADEQUATE GREASE, WHICH COULD LEAD TO A "CLUNK" SOUND WHEN USING THE ACCELERATOR WHILE DRIVING. *LJ Bulletin Number: SB14-50-002 R1 TESLA: WHEN CHARGING, CORROSION, PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO RECEPTACLES, OR INAPPROPRIATE WIRING OR INSTALLATION OF ELECTRICAL OUTLETS CAN CAUSE HIGHER THAN NORMAL ELECTRICAL RESISTANCE. MODEL 2012-2014 S. *PE Bulletin Number: SB-15-11-001 TESLA MOTORS: 2012-2014 S MODELS; BULLETIN INSTRUCTIONS AND REPAIR GUIDELINES FOR DRAFT ENTERING CABIN FROM A-PILLAR. *LJ Bulletin Number: SB-15-16-002 R1 It is possible to accidentally break off the aeroshield support tab from the HV Battery. If the tab breaks, the mid aeroshield is not fully supported, reducing the aerodynamic efficiency of the vehicle. The operation of the HV Battery is no Bulletin Number: SB1517003R2 IT IS NOW POSSIBLE TO RETROFIT THE CONTINENTAL TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS) ONTO VEHICLES THAT WERE ORIGINALLY EQUIPPED WITH A BAOLONG TPMS. Bulletin Number: SB-15-17-003 R3 It is now possible to retrofit the Continental Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) onto vehicles that were originally equipped with a Baolong TPMS. Bulletin Number: SB-15-17-003 R4 It is now possible to retrofit the Continental Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) onto vehicles that were originally equipped with a Baolong TPMS. Bulletin Number: SB1615001 DESCRIBES HOW TO RETROFIT THE 2ND GENERATION PREMIUM CENTER CONSOLE ASSEMBLY. Bulletin Number: SB1690001 DESCRIBES HOW TO INSTALL THE PERFORMANCE PEDAL SET ACCESSORY. Bulletin Number: SB-17-10-006 R1 On Model S, the windshield wiper motor bracket might become loose, resulting in a popping or clicking noise during windshield wiper operation. Bulletin Number: SB-18-13-002 On some Model S base trim 1st row seats, the Huck BOM fastener and pivot bushing used on the front lift links may develop an interactive clearance condition, which might result in a rocking motion in the seat. This does not affect performan Bulletin Number: SB-18-13-002 R1 On some Model S base trim front seats, the forward inboard Huck BOM fastener and pivot bushing (nearest to the center console) used on the front lift links may develop an interactive clearance condition, which might result in a rocking moti Bulletin Number: SB-18-13-002 R2 On some Model S base trim front seats, the forward inboard Huck BOM fastener and pivot bushing (nearest to the center console) used on the front lift links may develop an interactive clearance condition, which might result in a rocking moti Bulletin Number: SB-18-32-002 R1 Long-term exposure to high-corrosion environments might weaken the bolts that attach the power steering motor to the steering rack housing. Bulletin Number: SB-18-32-002 R3 Long-term exposure to high-corrosion environments might weaken the bolts that attach the power steering motor to the steering rack housing. Bulletin Number: SB-19-11-001 On certain Model S vehicles, the liftgate has plugs that do not allow water to drain, causing condensation to build up inside the tail light assembly. Tail light functionality is not affected. The retrofit of updated drain-type liftgate plu Bulletin Number: SB-19-31-001 On certain Model S vehicles, either lower rear control arm might crack, causing excessive negative camber of the rear suspension. Bulletin Number: TN-13-16-002 TESLA: WHEN REMOVING THE BATTERY PACK THESE PROCEDURES NEED TO BE FOLLOWED IN ORDER TO ENSURE PROPER SEALING OF THE HV RAPID MATE. NO MODEL OR MODEL YEARS GIVEN. *JS Bulletin Number: TN-13-44-001 TESLA: DUE TO ISOLATION OF MODEL S HIGH VOLTAGE, A MONITOR IS INSTALLED IN BATTERY TO ENSURE NO ELECTRICAL CURRENT, BETWEEN VEHICLE AND HIGH VOLTAGE CONDUCTOR, IS BEING CARRIED AND IS MEASURED, PERIODICALLY, FOR RESISTANCE BETWEEN HIGH VOL Bulletin Number: TN-13-44-002 TESLA: HIGH VOLTAGE AWARENESS FOR MODEL S. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BULLETIN. NO MODEL YEARS WERE PROVIDED. *JS Bulletin Number: TN-13-44-003 TESLA: THE HIGH VOLTAGE INTERLOCK LOOP (HVIL) DIAGNOSTIC GUIDE. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL BULLETIN. NO MODEL TYPES OR MODEL YEARS WERE PROVIDED. *JS UPDATED 10/21/14. *PE
Recalls for 2013 Tesla
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: SEATS Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc Manufacture Dates: 05/10/2013 - 06/08/2013 Potential Units Affected: 1228
Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain model year 2013 Model S electric vehicles manufactured May 10, 2013, through June 8, 2013. An improper method for aligning the left hand seat back striker to the bracket may have weakened the weld between the bracket and the frame of the vehicle.
In the event of a crash, the left hand seat back may not stay mounted, increasing the risk of injury to passengers.
Tesla will notify owners, and Tesla Service Centers will inspect the left hand second row strikers. Tesla will add additional mounting hardware to ensure a proper joint between the bracket and the frame, free of charge. The recall began on June 24, 2013. Owners may contact Tesla at 1-650-681-5000.
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc. Manufacture Dates: - Potential Units Affected: 21081
Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain model year 2013 Model S vehicles equipped for, and delivered with, certain NEMA 14-50 (240 volt) Universal Mobile Connector (UMC) adapters. During charging, the adapter, cord, or wall outlet could overheat.
An overheated adapter, cord, or wall outlet increases the risk of burn injury and/or fire.
Tesla will notify owners and provide an "over-the-air" software update. Some owners have already received this update. This update allows the Model S on board charging system to detect any unexpected fluctuations in the input power or higher resistance connections to the vehicle. If detected, the onboard charging system will automatically reduce the charging current by 25%. Tesla owners can verify that they have received the updated software (version 5.8.4 or later) by viewing the vehicle's center information screen. Additionally, Tesla will mail owners a replacement NEMA 14-50 adapter that is equipped with an internal thermal fuse. The recall began on March 14, 2014. Owners may contact Tesla Service Center at 1-877-79-TESLA (1-877-798-3752).
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: SEAT BELTS:FRONT Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc. Manufacture Dates: 05/31/2012 - 11/12/2015 Potential Units Affected: 59415
Tesla Motors, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain model year 2012-2015 Model S vehicles manufactured May 31, 2012, to November 12, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with driver or front passenger seat belts that may be improperly connected to the outboard lap pretensioner.
If the seat belt is not correctly attached to the pretensioner, it may not properly restrain the seat occupant in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Tesla will notify owners, and service centers will inspect the driver and front passenger seat belts, correcting their connection, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on December 14, 2015. Owners may contact Tesla customer service at 1-877-798-3752. Tesla's number for this recall is SB-15-20-002.
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: PARKING BRAKE Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc. Manufacture Dates: 07/12/2012 - 11/17/2016 Potential Units Affected: 31709
Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain 2016 Model S and Model X vehicles. The electric parking brake calipers have an internal gear that may be improperly manufactured, possibly resulting in the gear fracturing during parking brake application or release.
If the gear breaks during parking brake release, the vehicle will not be able to be moved. If the gear breaks during parking brake application, the parking brake may not adequately hold the vehicle, potentially resulting in the vehicle rolling, increasing the risk of a crash.
Tesla will notify owners, and service centers will replace the electric parking brake calipers, free of charge. A remedy is currently unavailable. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk were mailed June 8, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Tesla customer service at 1-877-798-3752. Tesla's number for this recall is SB-17-33-002.
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL Manufacturer: Tesla, Inc. Manufacture Dates: 01/01/2013 - 12/31/2013 Potential Units Affected: 17846
Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling all 2013 Model S vehicles equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Tesla will notify owners, and Tesla Service Centers will replace the passenger frontal air bag modules, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in March 2018. Owners may contact Tesla customer service at 1-877-798-3752. Tesla's number for this recall is SB-18-20-001.
2013 TESLA MODEL S NHTSA Campaign ID: STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM Manufacturer: Tesla, Inc. Manufacture Dates: 05/31/2012 - 04/09/2016 Potential Units Affected: 70421
Tesla, Inc. (Tesla) is recalling certain 2012-2016 Tesla Model S vehicles equipped with Bosch steering racks. The aluminum bolts that attach the power steering gear assist motor to the gear housing may corrode and fracture causing a reduction or complete loss of power steering assist.
Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.
Tesla will notify owners, and Tesla Service Centers will replace the steering gear mounting bolts and add a corrosion-preventative sealer, free of charge. The recall began May 7, 2019. Owners may contact Tesla customer service at 1-877-798-3752. Tesla's number for this recall is SB-18-32-002.
Green VehiclesFind the Tesla models that are the cleanest and most fuel efficient.
The Green Vehicle Guide will help you find the most fuel-efficient Tesla for your needs.
California emissions requirements differ from the federal requirements, and therefore selecting ALL STATES may produce multiple listings for the same vehicle.
Monthly Payment CalculatorFind a car or truck made by Tesla that fits your budget by using our monthly payment calculator.
Make your selections in the boxes below and click the "Generate List" button to see a list
of Tesla cars and trucks that fit your monthly budget.