Hummer Buyers Guide
2003 Hummer H2 (basic)
CTY: N/A HWY: N/A CMB: N/A
Engine/Fuel: 8 Cyl
Door/Body Style: /SUV, sport utility vehicle
Prices/WarrantySee the prices and various warranties offered.
- MSRP: $48,800
- Invoice Price: $43,979
- Destination Charge: $0
- Basic (Month):
- Basic (Mileage):
- Powertrain (Month):
- Powertrain (Mileage):
- Rust (Month):
- Rust (Mileage):
Engine & EmissionsView engine and emission data on this vehicle.
- Engines & Emissions
- 121 liter 32 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
- 5967 cc 6 liters V 8 front engine with 101.6 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 9.4 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder
- Electronically controlled carb fuel system
- Emission control level FED
- Unleaded fuel
- Compression ratio: 9.4
- Cylinders: 8
- RPM @ Peak Horsepower: 316
DimensionsSee the interior and exterior dimensions.
- Exterior Dimensions
- Overall Length (in): 189.8
- Overall Width (in): 81.2
- Overall Height (in): 77.8
- Wheelbase (in): 122.8
- Curb weight (lbs): 6400
- Curb weight (lbs): 2903
- Interior Dimensions
FeaturesSee the features of this vehicle.
- Body color front and rear bumpers
- Conventional lens halogen bulb headlights
- Day time running lights
- Delayed/fade courtesy lights
- Front fog lights
- Gloss paint , black paint , metallic paint
- Headlight control with time delay switch-off and dusk sensor
- Rear platform step
- Air conditioning with climate control and rear outlet
- Passenger seat and rear seats secondary ventilation controls
- Ventilation system with recirculation setting
- Bose audio system with AM/FM radio, CD player and cassette
- Cellular phone
- Internet connection
- Nine speakers
- Rear separate audio control
- Roof antenna
- Automatic drive indicator on dashboard
- Coming home device
- Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel
- Cruise control
- Door ajar warning
- External temperature
- Low fuel level warning
- Low washer fluid level warning
- Oil pressure
- Online information system
- Service interval indicator
- Roof rails
- External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4821, overall length (inches): 189.8, overall width (mm): 2062, overall width (inches): 81.2, overall height (mm): 1976, overall height (inches): 77.8, ground clearance (mm): 236, ground clearance (inches): 9.3, wheelbase (mm): 3119, wheelbase (inches): 122.8, front track (mm): 1763, front track (inches): 69.4, rear track (mm): 1763, rear track (inches): 69.4, curb to curb turning circle (mm): 13503 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 44.3
- Four-wheel ABS
- Front and rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam and 8.5 inch rim width
- Front and rear tires with 315 mm tire width, 70% tire profile, T tire rating and black sidewall
- Fullsize alloy rim internal spare wheel
- Full-time 4x4-wheel drive
- Automatic operation rear view mirror
- Driver power heated chrome door mirrors with automatic operation , passenger externally adjustable heated chrome door mirrors
- Front power windows with one one-touch , rear power windows
- Heat reflective glass
- Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror
- Memorized adjustment on door mirror position with two driver's seat positions
- Swing-out rear window with defogger and intermittent
- Tinted glass on cabin , privacy tinted glass on rear
- Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe
Safety FeaturesView the built in safety features included.
- Safety Features
- Bucket electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat with height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment
- Driver front airbag , passenger front airbag with occupant switch off
- Two height adjustable head restraints on front seats and rear seats
- Audio anti-theft protection: code
- Peripheral anti-theft protection
- Braking & Traction
- Electronic traction control via ABS
- Four disc brakes
Read ReviewsExpert opinions you can trust.
- 2009 Hummer Reviews
- 2009 Hummer H3T Review
- 2008 Hummer Reviews
- 2008 Hummer H2
- 2006 Hummer Reviews
- 2006 Hummer H3
- 2006 Hummer H3
- HUMMER H3 Right-Hand-Drive Unveiled
- HUMMER Announces 2007 H3x Pricing
- 2005 Hummer Reviews
- 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
- 2004 Hummer Reviews
- 2004 Hummer H2
- 2003 Hummer Reviews
- 2003 Hummer AM H2
- 2003 Hummer AM H2
- 2002 Hummer Reviews
- 2002 Hummer AM H1 open-top
- 1997 Hummer Reviews
- 1997 Hummer AM General
- 1996 Hummer Reviews
- 1996 Hummer AM General
Fuel Economy GuideResearch the yearly spend on gasoline for every Hummer in our database.
The fuel economy calculations assume annual mileage of 15,000 miles, 45% of which is highway miles and 55% city miles and fuel costs of $2.79 per gallon. These figures can be adjusted to more accurately reflect your driving style and fuel costs in your area:
NHTSA Test ResultsGet crash test results, service bulletins, and product recalls for every Hummer model.
Click a car name to see the crash test details for that model.
Crash Test Data for 2003 HummerNo crash test data exists.
Service Bulletins for 2003 Hummer
Recalls for 2003 Hummer
2003 HUMMER H2 NHTSA Campaign ID: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTOR Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Manufacture Dates: 10/04/2002 - 10/16/2002 Potential Units Affected: 1448
CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY AND PASSENGER VEHICLES EXHIBIT A CONDITION IN WHICH THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR COULD FAIL DURING USE BECAUSE OF IMPROPER MANUFACTURE.
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR IN SEVERE WEATHER, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE WIPER MOTOR ASSEMBLY. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN NOVEMBER 6, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT SATURN AT 1-800-553-6000, PROMPT #3 OR HUMMER AT 1-866-486-6376.
2003 HUMMER H2 NHTSA Campaign ID: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Manufacture Dates: 05/01/2003 - 06/30/2003 Potential Units Affected: 68875
CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, PICKUP TRUCKS, AND PASSENGER VANS FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 135, ?PASSENGER CAR BRAKE SYSTEMS.? SOME OF THESE VEHICLES WERE PRODUCED WITH AN OUT-OF-SPECIFICATION BRAKE HYDRO-BOOST HOUSING RELIEF VALVE BORE.
CONSEQUENTLY, THE VALVE O-RING SEAL MAY FRACTURE. STEERING EFFORTS MAY BE SLIGHTLY INCREASED WHILE BRAKING OR PARKING. UNDER CERTAIN DRIVING CONDITIONS, A FRACTURED SEAL MAY REQUIRE A SLIGHT INCREASE IN THE APPLIED BRAKE PEDAL EFFORT TO ACHIEVE THE SAME VEHICLE DECELERATION RATE AS PRIOR TO THE SEAT FRACTURE.
DEALERS ARE TO REPLACE THE HYDRO-BOOST RELIEF VALVE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 18, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT CADILLAC AT 1-866-982-2339; CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438; GMC AT 1-866-996-9463; OR HUMMER AT 1-866-486-6376.
2003 HUMMER H2 NHTSA Campaign ID: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTOR Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Manufacture Dates: 02/01/2003 - 05/31/2003 Potential Units Affected: 13358
GM IS RECALLING 13,358 MY 2003 HUMMER H2 VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH WATER CAN ENTER THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MODULE. IF A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF WATER ENTERS THE MODULE, OVER TIME, THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPERS MAY WORK INTERMITTENTLY OR THEY MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE.
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER, AND REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 7, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493 OR THROUGH THEIR WEBSITE AT HTTP://WWW.GMOWNERCENTER.COM .
2003 HUMMER H2 NHTSA Campaign ID: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Manufacture Dates: 04/01/2002 - 09/30/2002 Potential Units Affected: 511167
CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 114, "THEFT PROTECTION." THESE VEHICLES ARE EQUIPPED WITH A MECHANICAL OVERRIDE THAT COULD ALLOW THE IGNITION KEY TO BE REMOVED WITH THE SHIFT LEVER IN A POSITION OTHER THAN PARK. IN ADDITION, THESE VEHICLES HAVE AN OVERRIDE THAT CAN ALLOW THE TRANSMISSION TO BE SHIFTED OUT OF PARK WITH THE IGNITION IN THE OFF POSITION.
THESE OVERRIDES ARE NOT PERMITTED UNLESS THE VEHICLE HAS A LOCKING STEERING COLUMN.
DEALERS WILL ELIMINATE THESE CONDITIONS BY DISABLING THE OVERRIDES. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON MAY 29, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT CHEVROLET AT 1-800-222-1020, GMC AT 1-800-462-8782, OLDSMOBILE AT 1-800-442-6537, OR HUMMER AT 1-866-486-6376.
Green VehiclesFind the Hummer models that are the cleanest and most fuel efficient.
The Green Vehicle Guide will help you find the most fuel-efficient Hummer for your needs.
California emissions requirements differ from the federal requirements, and therefore selecting ALL STATES may produce multiple listings for the same vehicle.
Monthly Payment CalculatorFind a car or truck made by Hummer that fits your budget by using our monthly payment calculator.
Make your selections in the boxes below and click the "Generate List" button to see a list
of Hummer cars and trucks that fit your monthly budget.