McLaren Research and Buyers Guide
More than you ever wanted to know!
2014 McLaren MP4-12C Spider
CTY: 15 HWY: 22 CMB: N/A
Engine/Fuel: 8 Cyl Gas
Door/Body Style: 2 Door/Sports Car/Convertible,CVT
Drive Type: RWD
New model status: Carryover
Prices/WarrantySee the prices and various warranties offered.
- MSRP: $265,750
- Invoice Price: $0
- Destination Charge: $0
- Basic (Month): 36
- Basic (Mileage):
- Powertrain (Month): 36
- Powertrain (Mileage):
- Rust (Month): 36
- Rust (Mileage):
Engine & EmissionsView engine and emission data on this vehicle.
- Engines & Emissions
- Roadside Assistance Warranty for 36-Months, Unlimited Miles,
- Turbocharged 3.8-Liter, V8, 32-Valve, 8, DOHC, SEFI Engine; Mid/Longitudinal Mounted With Horsepower Of 616@7500, Torque Of 443@3000, Alloy Block and Alloy Cylinder Heads
- twin turbo
- ULEV II Emissions
- Type of Engine: 3.8L V8
- Displacement (CC): 3799
- Fuel System: SEFI
- Horsepower @ RPM: 616@7500
- Torque @ RPM: 443@3000
- Turbo: Y
- Compression ratio: 8.7
- Cylinders: 8
- RPM @ Peak Horsepower: 7500
- Bore X Stroke: 3.66x2.75
- Fuel Type: Gas
DimensionsSee the interior and exterior dimensions.
- Exterior Dimensions
- Track Front: 65.2
- Track Rear: 63.3
- Overall Length (in): 177.5
- Overall Width (in): 75.2
- Overall Height (in): 47.4
- Wheelbase (in): 105.1
- Curb weight (lbs): 3249
- Interior Dimensions
- Seating capacity - Standard: 2
- Seating Capacity - Maximum: 2
- Headroom front (in): 37.6
- Leg room front (in): 43.4
- Shoulder room front (in): 53.3
FeaturesSee the features of this vehicle.
- Exterior Features
- Bodyside/Cab Step or Running Board: Not listed
- Bumper Step Up: N/A
- Front Air Dam: N/A
- Metallic Paint: Option
- Power Sliding Side Van Door: N/A
- Power Trunk Lid: Not listed
- Rear Spoiler: Standard
- Skid Plate or Underbody Protection: N/A
- Splash or Mud Guards: Not listed
- Wind Deflector or Buffer for Convertibles: Standard
- Automatic Headlights With Automatic On/Off
- Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlights With Automatic Leveling
- Black Grille, Body Side Moldings, Cladding and Exterior Door Handles
- Daytime Running Lights
- Front and Rear Body Color Bumpers
- Front Foglights
- Headlight Washers
- Perimeter Lighting Activated Via Remote
- Retractable Rear Spoiler
- Wind Deflector For Convertibles
- Automatic Climate Control
- Separate Driver/Front Passenger Climate Controls
- Auxiliary Audio Input Jack
- Hard Drive with 40GB total;
- Memory Device Reader
- MP3 Player
- Video Player with 1 Flat Panel Screen Located In Front Row
- Automatic Headlights
- Cruise Control
- Digital Clock
- Exterior Temperature Gauge
- Oil Temperature Gauge
- Service Interval Indicator For Brake Wear
- Steering Wheel Mounted Controls For Transmission
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Trip Computer With Trip Odometer
- Voice Activated Controls For Bluetooth(R) Wireless Enabled Devices
- Warning Lights Include Door Ajar, Electrical System, Key-In-Ignition, Low Fuel and Oil Pressure
- Soft Top
- Alloy Wheels Front 19-in. X 8.5-in. and Rear 20-in. X 11-in.
- front P235/35YR19 BSW Performance and rear P305/30YR20 BSW Performance tires
- Spare Tire Credit/Delete
- Exterior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirrir
- Glass Rear Window on Convertible
- Heated Exterior Mirror
- Heated Washer System
- Heated Windshield Glass
- Interior Auto Day/Night/Electrochromic Mirror
- Interval Wipers
- Oversize or Wide Angle Exterior Mirror
- Power Adjustable Exterior Mirror
- Power Backlight Window
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Rear Wiper
- Sliding Rear Pickup Truck Window
- Tinted Glass
- Vehicle Speed Sensing Wiper Interval
- Windshield Wiper De-Icer
- Dual Body Color Power Folding Power Adjustable Automatic Tilt-Down Exterior Rearview Mirrors
- Front Power Windows With Front One-Touch Up and One-Touch Down
- Glass Rear Window on Convertible
- Power Backlight Window
- Rain Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Rear Window Defroster
- Tinted Glass
Safety FeaturesView the built in safety features included.
- Safety Features
- Door Mounted Front Side Airbags
- Driver Airbag
- Fixed Hoop Safety Rollbar
- Front Dual Knee Airbags
- Front Pretensioners
- Passenger Airbag
- Side Guard Door Beams
- Locking Pickup Truck Tailgate
- Power Door Locks Operated Via Key and Remote
- Power Tailgate/Liftgate or Trunk/Decklid Lock/Unlock Via Multi-Function Remote and Interior Switch
- Valet Lockout
- Vehicle Anti-Theft Via Alarm and Engine Immobilizer
- Braking & Traction
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
- Automatic Release Parking Brake
- Brake Assistance
- Front Power 370-mm Ventilated Disc and Rear Power 350-mm Ventilated Disc Brakes
- Hill Start Control
- Rear Limited Slip Differential
- Traction Control Controlled by Engine Management
- Vehicle Stability Control System
Read ReviewsExpert opinions you can trust.
- 2017 McLaren Reviews
- 2017 McLaren 675 LT Spider Review By Rob Eckaus
Fuel Economy GuideResearch the yearly spend on gasoline for every McLaren in our database.
The fuel economy calculations assume annual mileage of 15,000 miles, 45% of which is highway miles and 55% city miles and fuel costs of $2.79 per gallon. These figures can be adjusted to more accurately reflect your driving style and fuel costs in your area:
NHTSA Test ResultsGet crash test results, service bulletins, and product recalls for every McLaren model.
Crash Test Data for 2014 McLarenNo crash test data exists.
Service Bulletins for 2014 McLarenNo service bulletins exist.
Recalls for 2014 McLaren
2014 MCLAREN MP4-12C SPIDER NHTSA Campaign ID: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTOR Manufacturer: McLaren Automotive Incorporated Manufacture Dates: 10/10/2011 - 10/23/2013 Potential Units Affected: 376
McLaren Automotive, Inc. (McLaren) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 MP4 12-C Spider and Coupe vehicles manufactured October 10, 2011, through October 23, 2013 and originally sold in, or currently registered in, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. Due to a combination of high ambient temperatures and humidity, the wiper motor brushes may jam causing the wiper motor to stop working.
Non-functioning wipers during inclement weather may be reduce the driver's visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
McLaren will notify will notify owners and dealers will replace the wiper motors, free of charge. Vehicles outside of the recall area will have a lifetime warranty on their wiper motors that fail for this issue. The recall began on December 19, 2013. Owners may contact McLaren at 1-646-429-8916.
2014 MCLAREN P1 NHTSA Campaign ID: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:HOOD:LATCH Manufacturer: McLaren Automotive Incorporated Manufacture Dates: 03/01/2013 - 10/31/2015 Potential Units Affected: 122
McLaren Automotive Incorporated (McLaren) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 P1 hybrid vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to October 31, 2015. The affected vehicles have a secondary hood latch that may not properly re-engage. As a result, if the primary latch is released inadvertently, the hood may open while the vehicle is moving. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 113, "Hood Latch System."
If the hood opens while driving it may increase the risk of a crash.
McLaren will notify owners, and dealers will replace the hood latch with a newly-designed latch, free of charge. The recall began on January 18, 2016. Owners may contact McLaren customer service at 1-646-429-8916.
Green VehiclesFind the McLaren models that are the cleanest and most fuel efficient.
The Green Vehicle Guide will help you find the most fuel-efficient McLaren for your needs.
California emissions requirements differ from the federal requirements, and therefore selecting ALL STATES may produce multiple listings for the same vehicle.
Monthly Payment CalculatorFind a car or truck made by McLaren that fits your budget by using our monthly payment calculator.
Make your selections in the boxes below and click the "Generate List" button to see a list
of McLaren cars and trucks that fit your monthly budget.