Ram Buyers Guide
1997 Ram Dakota Reg Cab 124" WB SLT
CTY: N/A HWY: N/A CMB: N/A
Engine/Fuel: Gas V6 /3.9L/239
Transmission: Manual w/OD
Door/Body Style: /Reg Cab 8'
Prices/WarrantySee the prices and various warranties offered.
- MSRP: $13,185
- Invoice Price: $12,003
- Destination Charge: $0
- Basic (Month):
- Basic (Mileage):
- Powertrain (Month):
- Powertrain (Mileage):
- Rust (Month):
- Rust (Mileage):
Engine & EmissionsView engine and emission data on this vehicle.
- Engines & Emissions
- 3.9L (239) MPI V6 "MAGNUM" engine
- Type of Engine: Gas V6
- Displacement (CC): 3.9L/239
- Fuel System: MPI
- Horsepower @ RPM: 175 @ 4800
- Torque @ RPM: 225 @ 3200
DimensionsSee the interior and exterior dimensions.
- Exterior Dimensions
- Overall Width (in): 65.3
- Wheelbase (in): 123.9
- Curb weight (lbs): 2072
- Interior Dimensions
- Seating capacity - Standard: 3
- Headroom front (in): 40.0
- Hip room front (in): 56.7
- Leg room front (in): 41.9
- Shoulder room front (in): 58.1
FeaturesSee the features of this vehicle.
- Badging-inc: "SLT"/"Dakota" badges, "Dodge" reflecto-flex lettering
- Light group-inc: ash receiver/cigar lighter/glove box light, courtesy light under instrument panel, ignition switch w/time delay, aux elect receptacle, underhood light, exterior cargo lamp
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Air conditioning
- Entertainment, Communication & Navigation
- Electronic AM/FM stereo radio w/cassette
- Fuel/oil pressure/engine temp gauges, voltmeter, trip odometer
- Instrument panel w/side window demisters
- Wheels & Tires
- (4) 15" x 7" 5-spoke aluminum wheels
- Conventional spare tire & wheel w/underslung spare tire carrier
- P215/75R15 all-season SBR RWL tires
- Rear wheel drive
- Windows, Mirrors & Wipers
- Day/night rearview mirror
- Deluxe 2-speed intermittent windshield wipers
- Dual black non-remote 5" x 7" exterior mirrors
- Dual cloth covered sun visors w/RH non-illum mirror
- Side window demisters
- Tinted glass
Safety FeaturesView the built in safety features included.
- Braking & Traction
- Pwr front disc/rear drum brakes
Read ReviewsExpert opinions you can trust.
- 2021 Ram Reviews
- 2021 RAM 1500 TRX Review
- 2020 Ram Reviews
- Look Back Review: 2020 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Review
- 2019 Ram Reviews
- 2019 RAM 1500 Plush and Capable - Review
- 2016 Ram Reviews
- 2016 RAM Promaster A Cubists Dream
- 2016 RAM ProMaster City - A Moving Review
- 2014 Ram Reviews
- 2014 RAM Truck 1500 Diesel Laramie Review By John Heilig
- 2013 Ram Reviews
- 2013 Ram 1500 Express Rocky Mountain Review
- 2013 RAM 2500 HD CNG Review +Video
- 2012 Ram Reviews
- 2012 Ram Cargo Van Review
Fuel Economy GuideResearch the yearly spend on gasoline for every Ram in our database.
The fuel economy calculations assume annual mileage of 15,000 miles, 45% of which is highway miles and 55% city miles and fuel costs of $2.79 per gallon. These figures can be adjusted to more accurately reflect your driving style and fuel costs in your area:
NHTSA Test ResultsGet crash test results, service bulletins, and product recalls for every Ram model.
Click a car name to see the crash test details for that model.
Crash Test Data for 1997 RamNo crash test data exists.
Service Bulletins for 1997 RamNo service bulletins exist.
Recalls for 1997 Ram
1997 HOLIDAY RAMBLER ALUMA-LITE NHTSA Campaign ID: EQUIPMENT:RECREATIONAL VEHICLE Manufacturer: MONACO COACH CORPORATION Manufacture Dates: 05/25/1996 - 06/21/2002 Potential Units Affected: 3463
ON CERTAIN MOTOR HOMES, FIFTH WHEEL AND TRAVEL TRAILERS EQUIPPED WITH A TWO-DOOR REFRIGERATOR MANUFACTURED BY THE DOMETIC CORPORATION, THE REFRIGERATOR MAY HAVE A DEFECT IN THE BOILER TUBE. PRESSURIZED COOLANT SOLUTION COULD BE RELEASED INTO AN AREA WHERE AN IGNITION SOURCE (GAS FLAME) IS PRESENT.
RELEASE OF COOLANT UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS COULD IGNITE AND RESULT IN A FIRE.
MONACO WILL BE WORKING WITH DOMETIC IN ORDER TO REPAIR THESE REFRIGERATORS (PLEASE SEE 06E076). DOMETIC WILL REPAIR THESE REFRIGERATORS BY INSTALLING A SECONDARY BURN HOUSING, A THERMAL FUSE, AND A MELT FUSE FREE OF CHARGE. DOMETIC HAS RETAINED STERICYCLE INC. TO MANAGE THIS CAMPAIGN. STERICYCLE WILL ASSIST THE OWNER IN LOCATING DEALERSHIPS OR SERVICE CENTERS AND WILL PROVIDE ASSISTANCE WITH SCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENTS. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DOMETIC/STERICYCLE AT 1-888-446-5157 OR MONACO AT 1-877-466-6226.
1997 HOLIDAY RAMBLER CLASS A NHTSA Campaign ID: EQUIPMENT:RECREATIONAL VEHICLE:LPG FURNACE Manufacturer: HOLIDAY RAMBLER CORP. Manufacture Dates: 02/28/1994 - 04/28/1997 Potential Units Affected: 384
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: MOTOR HOMES EQUIPPED WITH AQUA-HOT HEATING SYSTEMS, MODEL 431-3 ZONE WITH ENGINE LOOP. FIBERGLASS INSULATING MATERIAL LOCATED UNDER THE BURNER HEAD ON THE FLOOR OF THE HEATER ENCLOSURE, CAN BECOME SOAKED WITH FLUIDS (ETHYLENE GLYCOL AND/OR DIESEL FUEL).
IF AN ELECTRICAL SHORT OCCURS, A FIRE COULD RESULT.
VEHICLE SYSTEMS INC. WILL CONDUCT THE OWNER NOTIFICATION FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. DEALERS WILL REMOVE THE INSULATION FROM BENEATH THE DIESEL HEATING UNIT AS WELL AS FROM BEHIND THE CONTROL THERMOSTAT AND AIR-CONDITIONING HEATING ELEMENT ACCESS COVERS.
1997 HOLIDAY RAMBLER IMPERIAL NHTSA Campaign ID: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:MOUNTING Manufacturer: MONACO COACH CORP. Manufacture Dates: 10/01/1996 - 05/12/1997 Potential Units Affected: 398
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: MOTOR HOMES BUILT ON A ROADMASTER CHASSIS. INADEQUATE BRACING WAS USED TO SECURE THE FUEL TANK. THE BRACE COULD FAIL ALLOWING ONE END OF THE FUEL TANK TO LOOSEN FROM ITS POSITION AND HANG LOWER THAN THE OTHER END.
THE FUEL TANK COULD EVENTUALLY SEPARATE FROM THE VEHICLE AND DROP TO THE GROUND, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY OR A VEHICLE CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSTALL AN ADDITIONAL BRACE UNDER THE FUEL TANK.
Green VehiclesFind the Ram models that are the cleanest and most fuel efficient.
The Green Vehicle Guide will help you find the most fuel-efficient Ram for your needs.
California emissions requirements differ from the federal requirements, and therefore selecting ALL STATES may produce multiple listings for the same vehicle.
Monthly Payment CalculatorFind a car or truck made by Ram that fits your budget by using our monthly payment calculator.
Make your selections in the boxes below and click the "Generate List" button to see a list
of Ram cars and trucks that fit your monthly budget.