DUBLIN—The "Methanol Industry in Asia-Pacific - Forecast, Size, Growth, Opportunities, and Trends 2017-2021" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Asia Pacific is spearheading the growth of the global methanol industry. China has emerged as the biggest producer and consumer of methanol globally and accounts for nearly 75% of the demand of Asia Pacific as a whole. This is followed by Japan, South Korea, and India.
It is expected that the high methanol demand from China will continue in the years to come, thus leading to an increase in methanol production capacity in the country as well. Increase in the production of formaldehyde, DME, acetic acid, etc., are some of the main drivers that increased the demand for methanol in the region.
The usage of methanol for fuel purposes is also poised to create additional opportunities for the market in the coming years. Methanol is currently being used in transesterification stage of biodiesel manufacturing process.
Given the fact that numerous biodiesel projects are under consideration or construction stage, the demand for methanol is likely to increase in this space and compensate for some of the demand lost to MTBE.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Methanol Industry
3. Methanol Industry in Asia Pacific
4. Impacts on the Asia-Pacific Methanol Industry
5. Competition in the Asia-Pacific Methanol Industry
6. Methanol Industry in China
7. Methanol Industry in India
8. Methanol Industry in Japan
9. Methanol Industry in Malaysia
10. Methanol Industry in Singapore
11. Methanol Industry in South Korea
12. Methanol Industry in Taiwan
13. Methanol Industry in Thailand
14. Major Industry Players
- BASF SE
- BP Plc
- China National Coal Group
- China Risun Coal Chemical Limited
- Deepak Fertilizers and Petrochemicals Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers
- Linde AG
- LyondellBasell Industries
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. Inc.
- Petroliam Nasional Bhd (PETRONAS)
- Praxair Inc
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation
- Total SA
- Yunnan Ruiqi Chemical Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptpkmt/methanol_industry
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: Surfactants, Solvents , Fuel Additives