Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz Merger
May 7, 1998; Chrysler Corporation and Daimler-Benz have merged to form DaimlerChrysler, the fifth largest automobile maker in the world. The consolidation of these two major automakers is being called the deal of the century and has become emblematic of the growing trend toward globalization in the automotive industry.
This page pulls together a number of stories about the merger from a variety of sources and perspectives, and also features full video coverage of the historic press conference that Daimler-Benz and Chrysler held in London to announce the merger.
The CEOs of the Hour
The Auto Channel Internet Television Exclusive:
Chrysler - Mercedes-Benz Historic First Press Conference Streamed LIVE from Stuttgart on May 7, 1998
Uploaded to You Tube May 2007)
Below Is Original Format (now obsolete)
Chrysler Mercedes Merger News
- Auto Channel Presents Autoline Detroit TV Special on DaimlerChrysler Merger
- Autoline Detroit Announces One-Hour Special on Merger
- Chrysler Corp, CFC 'A' Ratings On RatingAlert Positive
- Daimler-Benz, Chrysler Merger Raise Eyebrows In Japan
- Terms of the DaimlerChrysler Deal
- Daimler-Benz and Chrysler Merge
- Frost & Sullivan Analyzes the Potential Chrysler Daimler-Benz Merger
- Insight on Possible Chrysler/Benz Merger from Motortrend
- Mercedes Pickup?
- Daimler Benz and Chrysler in Talks
- UAW Reaction to Chrysler-Daimler-Benz Reports
- Daimler-Benz Australia On S&PWatch Neg
- Daimler & Chrysler's Long-Term Ratings on S&PWatch Negative/Positive