BMW Group U.S. Reports November 2015 Sales
- BMW brand up 3.2 percent, YTD up 4.4 percent
- MINI brand sales decrease 11.3 percent, YTD up 8.1 percent
- BMW Motorcycle sales decrease 8.3 percent, YTD up 10.3 percent
WOODCLIFF LAKE NJ -- December 1, 2015: Sales of BMW brand vehicles increased 3.2 percent in November for
a total of 32,003 compared to 31,019 vehicles sold in November, 2014.
Year-to-date, BMW brand is up 4.4 percent from the same period last year
with sales of 311,398 vehicles.
“There were fewer selling days in November, yet the demand for new vehicles is solid resulting in the ninth record sales month for BMW this year,” said Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “The all-new 7 Series did very well in its first full month of sales but there’s no question the trend is towards light trucks and the improving availability of our SAV’s gave a nice boost to our overall sales in November.”
Notable vehicle sales included the BMW X3 which increased 124.5 percent to 4,987, the BMW X6 increased 59.6 percent to 672 and the BMW 2 Series which increased 77.6 percent to 1,147 cars.
BMW Group Sales
In total, the BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported November sales of 36,447 vehicles, an increase of 1.2 percent from the 36,028 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group sales are up 4.9 percent from the same period last year with 364,903 vehicles sold.
MINI Brand Sales
For November, MINI USA reports 4,444 automobiles sold, a decrease of 11.3 percent from the 5,009 sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, MINI USA sales are 53,505 vehicles, an 8.1 percent increase from the same period last year.
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, November 2015
|%||YTD Nov. 2015||YTD Nov. |
|BMW brand ||32,003||31,019||3.2||311,398||298,212||4.4|
|BMW passenger cars ||21,807||23,331||-6.5||221,949||220,923||0.5|
|BMW light trucks ||10,196||7,688||32.6 ||89,449||77,289||15.7 |
||4,444||5,009||-11.3 ||53,505||49,497||8.1 |
|TOTAL Group ||36,447||36,028||1.2 ||364,903||347,709||4.9
BMW Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In November, BMW Certified Pre-Owned sold 8,388 vehicles, down 4.9 percent from November 2014, with a year-to-date gain of 12.6 percent to 104,727 vehicles sold over the same period in 2014.
- Total BMW Pre-Owned sales continue to be challenged by low availability with 13,966 vehicles sold in November 2015, a 9.0 percent decrease from November 2014.
- The Total BMW Pre-Owned cars sold year-to-date were 167,830 a 6.7 percent decrease from the same period in 2014.
MINI Pre-Owned Vehicles
- In November, sales of MINI NEXT (certified pre-owned) set a November record with 812 vehicles, up 3.8 percent over November 2014, with a year-to-date gain of 24.2 percent to 10,640 cars over the same period in 2014.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales for November were 1,906 cars, an increase of 10.3 percent from November 2014.
- Total MINI Pre-Owned sales year-to-date were 24,499, an 8.0 percent increase from the same period in 2014.
BMW Motorrad Sales
With 764 retails, BMW motorcycle sales declined by 69 units or -8.3% compared to the 833 units sold in November 2014.
The S 1000 RR was the top performing model with 126 units (+186%) delivered, and in combination with the new S 1000 XR, helped grow S-Series model retails by 73% to 173 units compared to 100 in November last year.
With 15,120 sales after 11 months, BMW motorcycles stands 10.3% above November 2014, surpassing last year’s full year volume (14,945 units) in the process.
Table 2: Motorcycle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, November 2015
|YTD Nov. 2014||%|