2014 Dodge Challenger MOPAR Version Sold Out
Gone in a Flash: Mopar ’14 Dodge Challenger is Sold Out
The Mopar ’14 Challenger is the most recent limited-edition vehicle offered by the brand, continuing the success of the Mopar ’10 Challenger, Mopar ’11 Charger, Mopar ’12 300 and Mopar ’13 Dart in demonstrating how owners can personalize their rides with Mopar products — even before driving away from the dealership. With only 100 built, the Mopar ’14 Challenger is the rarest limited-production Dodge Challenger offered to date.
“The Mopar ’14 Challenger shows that when combining a legendary car like the Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker and making it even more exclusive, we create collectible performance machines unlike anything else on the road,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO of Dodge Brand. “From the Mopar ’14 Challenger to the new Scat Pack performance stage kits available on Challenger, Charger and Dart, you can continue to expect great things when Dodge and Mopar team up.”
Customers ordering the Mopar ’14 showed they still wanted the rarest limited production Dodge Challenger offered to date with additional customization. Of the 100 orders placed on the first day, 52 customers chose the Pitch Black exterior paint version, while 48 opted for the newly offered Bright White option. The traditional Shaker stripe proved to be the most popular graphic chosen for their ride, followed by the bodyside decal and then the rocker stripe. Top Custom Shop options chosen were hood pins, Mopar Performance badges, quad exhaust tips and the Challenger monogrammed car cover. The top-ordered Mopar Performance part was the cat-back exhaust to complement the Shaker intake.
Although all 100 Mopar ’14 Challenger vehicles have been spoken for, enthusiasts can still build their own similarly personalized and unique, one-of-one Dodge Challenger.
Customers taking delivery of a new Dodge Challenger can have their ride personalized in a similar way to the sold out version right at their local dealership. Existing owners who have their own Challenger pride and joy at home also can have their vehicle updated with Mopar parts and accessories to make it similar to the sold out version.
Many of the up-fitted items for the Dodge Challenger are offered through Mopar’s vast catalog of parts and accessories available at Mopar.com or an authorized dealership. Among the products found on the Mopar ’14 that are available for customization are:
- Mopar short-throw shifter
- Mopar cat-back exhaust
- Mopar performance suspension
- Mopar lowering springs
- Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS)
- Mopar performance badges
- Mopar hood pin kit
- Mopar car cover
- Mopar door-sill guards
- Mopar sequential taillight kit
- Mopar premium floor mats or slush mats
- Mopar chrome exhaust tip
- Mopar fuel-filler door
- Mopar wheel locks
- Mopar interior trim bezel kit
- Mopar Shaker hood
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as FIAT brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and FIAT vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car