Toyota Boshoku group to promote home interior design capabilities from Milan, the heart of design
KARIYA, Japan--March 31, 2014: Toyota Boshoku Corporation’s (TOKYO:3116) (President Shuhei Toyoda) Milan Design Branch will hold their 3rd design exhibit at the 53rd annual international furniture trade fair "Milano Salone."*1 The fair will be held in epicenter of the fashion world, Milan, Italy from April 8 to 13, 2014. The Milan Design Branch and Toyota Boshoku will propose innovative and eye-catching home interior living spaces that will enhance interior environments for people of all ages.
This year’s theme is "Carsa" a play on the words "car" and "casa"*2 and the Milan Design Branch venue will promote fresh and alluring new home interior lifestyle environments utilizing materials and products from Toyota Boshoku group companies the world over. Visitors to the venue will be introduced to a “fusion of automobile and home interiors”. Displays include a hybrid bed that put automobile seat layouts to practical use as well as leading-edge interior spaces that make full use of wall decoration materials made with plant-derived materials for home interiors.
The Milan Design Branch, located on the outskirts of Milan, is strategically placed in the center of the design world. Here Toyota Boshoku designers stay on top of cutting-edge trends, refine their sensibilities and engage in designing the interiors of concept cars proposed by automotive manufactures to create fascinating interiors spaces that delight customers around the world. Through Toyota Boshoku’s exhibit at Milan Salone, the Toyota Boshoku group will continue to attract global interest to its advanced design development capabilities.
1. Major exhibits
(1) Hybrid bed: a layout that combines automotive seats in a practical manner
(2) "Nunokabe": a residential wall decoration adorned with decorative patterns or prints
(3) "O-tedama seat": a beanbag-style cushion that utilizes automotive fabric
(4) Interior goods: a stool and lantern made utilizing the plant-derived material, kenaf
2. Exhibit location
Via Privata Vincenzo Forcella 7, Milano Italy
* 1: The world's largest international furniture fair. A variety of design events are held in Milan during the Milan Salone exhibition. Furniture and interior manufacturers who are joined by manufacturers of consumer electronics, automobiles, and fashion gear, gather to attract interest globally to their brand, designs, and new products. * 2: Italian word meaning 'home'.