CHICAGO--July 11, 2013: Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, today announced it has introduced the SRDA3.3 Series TVS Diode Array -- SPA Diodes. The SRDA3.3 Series integrates low-capacitance steering diodes with an additional zener diode to protect data lines against electrostatic discharge (ESD) and high surge events. The SRDA3.3 Series devices provide 40 percent greater protection without performance degradation than other available solutions. With up to 600W of power dissipation, these devices outperform similar market solutions by 20 percent in power handling capability. In addition, the low loading capacitance of 10pF (max) of the SRDA3.3 Series is 50 percent lower than other solutions, which makes it ideal for protecting telecommunications interfaces without sacrificing signal integrity.
“The low dynamic resistance of these devices ensures very low clamping voltages, which helps protect today's increasingly sensitive chipsets from premature failure.”
Applications include tertiary (IC side) protection of high-speed T1/E1/T3/E3 telecommunications data lines, xDSL interfaces, RS-232/RS-485 interfaces, 10/100 Ethernet interfaces and video lines.
"The SRDA3.3 Series superior surge, power dissipation, and ESD performance, gives circuit design engineers a simple way to provide greater overhead against electrical threats as defined by industry standards," said Chad Marak, Director of the TVS Diode Arrays product line. "The low dynamic resistance of these devices ensures very low clamping voltages, which helps protect today's increasingly sensitive chipsets from premature failure."
The SRDA3.3 Series TVS Diode Arrays offers these key features and benefits:
- Robust surge protection: Lightning, IEC61000-4-5, 35A (8/20µs), peak pulse power, 600W (8/20µs)
- Low dynamic resistance (RDYN) of 0.5Î©
- Low capacitance of 8pF (typ) /10pF (max) from I/O to GND
- Enhanced ESD capability: ESD, IEC61000-4-2, ±30kV contact, ±30kV air
- 40 percent higher surge and 20 percent higher power handling capability compared to similar market solutions; provides more overhead to electrical threats defined by regulatory standards
- Provides very low clamping voltages for sensitive chipsets, protecting them from catastrophic failure and maximizing system reliability
- 50 percent lower maximum capacitance than other solutions helps to preserve signal integrity and minimize data loss during transmission
- Enhanced ESD protection far exceeds the highest level of the IEC61000-4-2 standard (±8kV)
The SRDA3.3 Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in quantities of 2,500 in tape and reel packaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.