Chrysler Group Recognizes Supplier Excellence at 3rd Annual Supplier Awards Ceremony
- Eighteen awards presented in seventeen categories for extraordinary performance in 2012
- Sergio Marchionne urges supply base to continue focus on innovation, product execution
AUBURN HILLS, MI--June 5, 2013: Chrysler Group LLC honored its top-performing suppliers during the Company's 2013 Annual Strategy Meeting and Supplier Awards Ceremony held today at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
More than 2,500 global supplier executives attended the event. In addition to the awards ceremony, Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A. purchasing leadership reviewed their strategy for the future and expectations of suppliers. Sergio Marchionne, Chrysler Group Chairman and CEO, served as the keynote speaker, and thanked Chrysler's supply base for the role they played in the company's journey.
"Chrysler could not have reclaimed its future without your unwavering support and crucial contributions of intelligence and vision," said Marchionne. "Our fate is absolutely intertwined with yours. Our commitment to you is to deliver on our promises and help you become a much stronger competitor."
Presentations were also delivered by Scott Kunselman, Senior Vice President of Purchasing and Supplier Quality, Chrysler Group and Vilmar Fistarol, Head of Group Purchasing, Fiat S.p.A.
"Chrysler Group suppliers need to be nimble, innovative and, above all else, focused on the quality of the parts and services they are providing us," said Kunselman. "The suppliers we are honoring today have proven themselves to be motivated, capable and excited to be on the Chrysler team. They are critical to our success in delivering our customers the best cars and trucks in the world."
The 2013 Chrysler Group Supplier of the Year award recipients are:
- Metallic: China Automotive Systems, Inc.
- Powertrain: Hilite International
- Electrical: STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Chemical: PPG Industries, Inc.
- Mopar: Shell Oil
- Quality: Dakkota Integrated Systems, LLC
- Innovation: JVIS/Tseungbo and Red Spot Paint & Varnish Company, Inc.
- Services: SapientNitro
- Capital Expenditure: Hi-Tech Mold & Engineering. Inc.
- Sustainability: BASF Corporation
- Diversity Supplier Development: BASF Corporation
- Logistics: Kansas City Southern de Mexico
- Technical Cost Reduction: Delphi Automotive Systems
- Design for Six Sigma: Delphi Automotive Systems
- World Class Manufacturing: Dakkota Integrated Systems, LLC
- Emerging Supplier of the Year: Perfect Equipment, Inc.
- Supply Chain Management: Veltri Canada Limited
Award recipients were determined based on an evaluation of each company's External Balanced Scorecard performance in 2012 -- a rating system that evaluates supplier performance in areas such as quality, delivery, cost, warranty and partnership -- and input from Chrysler Group senior leadership. Suppliers were able to nominate themselves to receive consideration for the Sustainability and Diversity Supplier Development award categories.
Chrysler Group's Purchasing and Supplier Quality organization has had a renewed focus on supplier relations since 2009. Activities such as monthly supplier town hall forums, focused supplier advisory councils and surveys of the supply base have helped the Company foster more positive, mutually beneficial supplier relationships. The Company has also instituted programs for encouraging supplier innovation, finding opportunities for cost reduction, and has executed many process and system improvements to help suppliers work with the Company more effectively. According to the annual Planning Perspectives survey, the Company has improved working relations with suppliers by an industry-best 54 percent since 2009.