FAIRFAX, VA--May 28, 2013: ExxonMobil Fuels, Lubricants & Specialties Marketing Company is once again bringing together two of America's favorite pastimes: road trips and baseball. Building on the success of the 2011 and 2012 tours, the 2013 Mobil Super "Go The Distance" Minor League Baseball Tour is taking a five-month journey to educate baseball fans about Mobil Super premium-quality motor oil products.
“From the moment baseball fans arrive at the park, their Mobil Super experience will begin with entertaining activities that can be enjoyed by all ages.”
The 40-foot Mobil Super-branded tour bus, carrying hands-on activities and displays, as well as Mobil Super product for giveaways, is traveling thousands of miles through 16 states as it visits dozens of baseball cities. The cross-country trip is expected to reach more than 500,000 fans.
"We wanted to improve on last year's success by giving the fans the ultimate game-day experience while introducing them to the Mobil Super family," said Kelli H. Wright, Americas Automotive marketing manager, Lubricants & Specialties. "From the moment baseball fans arrive at the park, their Mobil Super experience will begin with entertaining activities that can be enjoyed by all ages."
Mobil Super brand ambassadors kick off each city stop by greeting fans outside the park, before and after each game, while distributing product information, rebate coupons and Mobil Super-branded baseball souvenirs. Fans also have the opportunity to win free product or oil changes through a prize wheel and on-field activities.
"Engaging with our Minor League Baseball fans is always a top priority for us. We strive to bring the best baseball experience to them each and every game," said Rod Meadows, Minor League Baseball's vice president of sales and marketing. "With the Mobil Super-branded tour activities, promotions and giveaways, we feel our fans get the most out of their trip to the ballpark."
During the game, Mobil Super branding will be seen throughout the stadiums, with on-field promotions and prizes to enhance the fan experience, including:
- Honorary first pitches thrown by a local Mobil Super distributor, retailer or installer
- On-field contests with winners receiving free product or an oil change
- Sponsorship of between-innings activities, such as a soft-baseball toss, lucky-row giveaways, mascot races and the seventh-inning stretch
Joining the tour in select U.S. cities are legendary baseball players who team up with employees at local retail or quick-lube locations to introduce customers to the Mobil Super family of products.
- On May 4, celebrated slugger and four-time All-Star Jack Clark partnered with Mobil Super in Memphis, Tenn.
- On May 21, Fergie Jenkins, Hall of Fame pitcher and three-time All-Star, partnered with Mobil Super in San Antonio, Texas.
- Future stops include Jack Morris in Grand Rapids, Mich., on July 29 and Tommy John in Albany, N.Y., on August 10.
Find the full schedule at mobilsuper.us under "special events."
About Mobil Super
Mobil Super is a comprehensive line of premium-quality motor oils expertly formulated to help extend engine life. Backed by the Mobil Super Engine Guarantee*, the Mobil Super family includes three products, allowing consumers to choose the right one for their particular needs:
- Mobil Super: A premium conventional motor oil that helps extend engine life. Mobil Super is guaranteed to deliver proven protection for up to 5,000 miles between oil changes and features extra cleaning additives. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super High Mileage: Specifically designed to help extend engine life in higher-mileage vehicles, this motor oil combines sludge and wear protection with anti-oxidants that help to reduce oil breakdown. Mobil Super High Mileage is also formulated with a seal conditioner to help prevent leaks and reduce oil consumption. It is available in 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities.
- Mobil Super Synthetic: A full synthetic motor oil that is proven to help extend engine life by delivering outstanding protection in high temperatures, along with the sludge and wear protection properties. It is available in 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 viscosities.
* Some restrictions apply. See the guarantee for terms and conditions or call 1-800-ASK-MOBIL (275-6624).
About Minor League Baseball
Minor League Baseball, headquartered in St. Petersburg, Fla., is the governing body for all professional baseball teams in the United States, Canada, Venezuela, and the Dominican Republic that are affiliated with Major League Baseball clubs through their farm systems. The Mexican League and Mexican Academy are also members of the organization, but are not affiliated with any MLB clubs. Total membership includes 20 leagues and 252 clubs.
Fans are coming out in unprecedented numbers to this one-of-a-kind experience that can only be found at our ballparks. In 2012, the 176 clubs that charge admission attracted more than 41.2 million fans to their ballparks to see the future stars of the sport hone their skills. From the electricity in the stands to the excitement on the field, Minor League Baseball has provided affordable family-friendly entertainment to people of all ages since its founding in 1901.