Jaguar XF Named Most Popular Large Executive Car by HonestJohn.co.uk Readers
LONDON, May 21, 2013; The Jaguar XF was awarded the title of Most Popular Large Executive Car in the UK at a ceremony in London last night. The award is the third in a very successful fortnight for the Jaguar XF.
Data analysed by the editorial team at honestjohn.co.uk highlights that the XF - the highest-selling model in the Jaguar product range - generated greatest interest in the Executive Car sector among the website's 1.5 million users over the past 12 months.
Dan Harrison, editor of honestjohn.co.uk, commented: " The Jaguar XF has won the Most Popular Large Executive car on honestjohn.co.uk for the second year in a row and that ' s no mean feat. It ' s had more views than big rivals like the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6. And with a more practical Sportbrake version now on sale its appeal is even wider. It ' s been a huge success for Jaguar and that ' s reflected in its popularity on our site. "
Jeremy Hicks, Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover UK, said: "This award from HonestJohn is based solely on the views of the public, which highlights the desire among executive car buyers to own a car that exudes seductive design, innovative technology and sporting performance. It is a wonderful accolade and follows recent awards for the XF from national newspaper The Daily Telegraph and specialist automotive publication Diesel Car.
"Jaguar is continuing to develop and expand its product line-up. We are delighted to now be delivering the first F-TYPE sports cars to UK customers, and fans of the XF are now eagerly awaiting the launch of the flagship model in that range, the new XFR-S."
The XF is priced from £29,945 (OTR).
Notes to Editors:
- The Jaguar XF has won in excess of 100 international and UK awards since its launch in 2008, the most recent being the Telegraph Motoring Awards and Diesel Car's 2013 Car of the Year Awards. It was also voted the Auto Express Driver Power 'Car of the Decade'.
- The XFR-S was first shown at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November and made its debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed Press Day earlier this year.
- The XFR-S is capable of sprinting from zero to 60mph in just 4.4 seconds (0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds), up to the electronically limited top speed of 186mph (300km/h) and with an astonishing 550PS and 680Nm of torque. The new XFR-S is available to order now, priced in the UK at £79,995 (OTR).
- The Jaguar F-TYPE is off to an award-winning start, having recently achieved the title of 2013 World Car Design of the Year. It was selected ahead of 42 rivals by the 66 World Car of the Year jury members.
- Three F-TYPE models are available F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S-powered respectively by Jaguar's new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS and prices starting at just £58,520 (OTR) for the 340hp V6 model.
- The Jaguar XF, XJ and F-TYPE may be configured online at http://www.jaguar.co.uk/build-yours/