GILLINGHAM, England & TROY, Mich.--April 26, 2013: Delphi Automotive's Connected Car, a first-in-its-class product that provides car-to-cloud/cloud-to-car connectivity service, was named a 2013 Gold Award Winner by the Edison Awards at their Annual Gala, held in Chicago last night.
“The Delphi Connected Car technology is at the top of its class. It gives drivers a tool to track, locate and monitor their vehicle -- all with the use of a smartphone”
Recently launched with Verizon Wireless as Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi, Delphi's Connected Car solution is a winner in the Transportation category, one of twelve categories honored by the Edison Awards.
"The Delphi Connected Car technology is at the top of its class. It gives drivers a tool to track, locate and monitor their vehicle -- all with the use of a smartphone," said Jeff Owens, Delphi's chief technology officer. "This device is just a glimpse of the myriad of market-leading products Delphi's 18,000 scientists and engineers work on daily."
Delphi Connected Car works in nearly every vehicle sold in the U.S. from 1996 onward and enables drivers to carry out the following features remotely:
- Send key fob commands from your smartphone to your vehicle from anywhere in the world, such as lock or unlock doors, open the trunk, start or stop the engine and operate a panic horn
- Locate and access family cars without having to tag the vehicle's original location
- Set up geo-fences and receive e-mail alerts for entry and exit
- Summarize all trips from engine start to stop (date, times, distance, starting and ending locations)
- Monitor overall vehicle health status
According to the organizers, the Edison Awards symbolize the persistence of companies to remain in the forefront of innovation, creativity and ingenuity in the global economy. Judged by more than 3,000 senior business executives and academics from across the nation, winners were selected based on their success in meeting the award criteria of Concept, Value, Delivery and Impact.