National Technical Systems Santa Clarita Facility Launches Fuel Component Testing Services
Continues Expansion of Services for Large Base of Aerospace, Military Customers
CALABASAS and SANTA CLARITA, CA--March 14, 2013: National Technical Systems Inc. (NTS), a leading provider of testing and engineering services, announced today that it has expanded its portfolio of service offerings for the Aerospace and Defense industries with the addition of Fuel Component Testing at the Company's Santa Clarita location.
The new Fuel Component Testing site is used for the development and qualification of fuel line parts and subsystems. Any individual device or subsystem that is part of an engine or fuel system - such as fuel pumps, hydro-mechanical fuel controls and shutoff valves - requires qualification testing to the RTCA DO-160 environmental standards for airborne equipment or the Mil-Std 810 environmental standards for a broad range of military equipment. The new fuel testing site recently installed at NTS Santa Clarita is a state-of-the-art facility for simulating the most stringent environmental conditions.
"These Fuel Component testing services supply our aerospace and military customers with an important new resource for their critical parts qualification requirements," said NTS President and CEO William McGinnis. "Because aerospace is typically around 30 percent of our revenue, these significant new aerospace opportunities will further enhance our reputation as a leading provider to this critical industry, and we expect to make similar strategic investments in other laboratories in the United States."
Specifications of the new Fuel Component Testing facility at NTS Santa Clarita:
- Fuel capacity of 2500 gallons
- Fuel super-cooling with three 30 ton refrigeration systems with capability to cool below - 65° F
- Fuel heating capability to 135° F or higher
- Fuel polishing capability to Level 2 cleanliness standards
- Three separate fuel component test loops with flow capacity ranging from 500 to 1,000 GPM
- The ability to combine loops for higher flow rates
- Modular to allow simultaneous set-ups at the same facility
- Adequate room for future expansion and modification
The new Fuel Component testing services at NTS Santa Clarita are currently online and available to customers. More information can be found at NTS or by calling 1-800-270-2516.