Chrysler Group Announces Winners of 'Autorama High School Design Competition 2013' at 61st Annual Detroit Autorama
Auburn Hills, MI--03.06.2013:
Join us in congratulating the next wave of potential automotive designers at this year's Detroit Autorama when Chrysler Group LLC's Product Design Office, along with the College for Creative Studies (CCS) and United Way for Southeastern Michigan announce the winners of its "Autorama High School Design Competition 2013."
In continuation of its ongoing support for the United Way and their efforts in promoting higher education to students in Detroit, Chrysler Group's Product Design Office gave high school students currently attending a Detroit Public School the opportunity to explore their creative side and design a future luxury Chrysler brand vehicle they envision for the year 2030. Student entrants were encouraged to draw inspiration from Detroit's history and passion for the automobile, while reflecting upon the Chrysler Group's popular "Imported from Detroit" marketing campaign.
Competition winners will receive the following prizes:
- Freshman-junior class finalists:
- First place receives an iPad, summer automotive design course at CCS and three passes to Detroit Autorama
- Second place receives a summer automotive design course at CCS and three passes to Detroit Autorama
- Senior class finalists:
- First place receives an iPad, summer automotive design course at CCS or $5,000 scholarship to CCS (if accepted), three passes to Detroit Autorama and a tour of Chrysler Group's Product Design Office in Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Second place receives a summer automotive design course at CCS, three passes to Detroit Autorama and a tour of Chrysler Group's Product Design Office
Sketches from winning students will be on display at the Chrysler Group Product Design Office Autorama booth.
Mark Trostle, Head of Design for SRT Brand, Motorsports and Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC
Mark West, Paul and Helen Farago Chair of Transportation Design, College for Creative Studies
Student winners -- TBD as available
Friday, March 8
12 -- 1 p.m.
Cobo Center - Booth 54
1 Washington Blvd. #401
Detroit, MI 48226