Chrysler Group Introduces New Mopar '13 Dodge Dart
AUBURN HILLS, MI--Jan. 31, 2013:
- Select Mopar parts and accessories outfit new Mopar '13 Dart
- Performance upgrades include lowered sport suspension, revised steering calibration, sport-tuned exhaust, ground-effects kit, and premium brake kit with slotted rotors
- Custom leather Mopar driver's seat
- Industry-first wireless charging for smartphones
- 500 numbered units to be built at company's assembly plant in Belvidere, Ill.
- Limited-edition vehicle to be displayed at Chicago Auto Show
- Mopar '13 information to go live at Dodge Mopar 13 tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 1
Chrysler Group LLC today introduced the limited-edition Mopar '13 Dart, marking the fourth special-edition Mopar-badged vehicle created since the company partnered with Fiat S.p.A in 2009. The car will be shown at next week's Chicago Auto Show.
Building on the success of the Mopar '10 Challenger, Mopar '11 Charger and the Mopar '12 300, the limited-edition Mopar '13 Dart will be built and customized with Mopar performance parts and accessories. Production for a limited run of 500 units will begin this spring at the company's assembly plant in Belvidere, Ill.
"Our new Mopar '13 Dart will turn heads and stand out from the crowd," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group's service, parts and customer-care brand. "For this special, limited-edition vehicle, we specifically kept the driver in mind as we added select Mopar parts and accessories."
Inspired by the tuner scene, the Mopar '13 Dart is designed for driving enthusiasts. Powered by a 1.4-liter MultiAir intercooled turbo engine with a manual transmission, the Mopar '13 sports a gloss-black finish with a pair of car-length Mopar Blue stripes, which mirror each of the three previous Mopar-themed models.
For enhanced handling, upgrades include a performance steering-gear calibration, a 7 millimeter-lowered suspension and low-profile 40 aspect performance tires (225/40R18). From the racing scene, Mopar added a premium brake kit with slotted rotors. Engine breathing is enhanced with a performance-tuned exhaust and to further optimize aerodynamics and increase downforce, the custom Dart features Mopar's ground-effects kit, which includes a front-chin spoiler, one-piece deck-lid spoiler, as well as a unique and aggressively styled rear diffuser.
Unique exterior elements include a Mopar badge in the crosshair grille and gloss-black 18-inch wheels with a Mopar logo on the wheel center caps. The vehicle's unique interior, featuring a serialized plate, gives the driver a custom Mopar Blue leather seat with black accents. To keep the emphasis on the driver, the driver seat is Mopar Blue while all other seats are black with blue accent stitching. The centerpiece of the interior is a floating island bezel that is accented with Mopar Blue paint and lighting. The interior is further enhanced with rich details, including Mopar Blue accent thread, as well as light-black chrome and gloss-black elements.
Along with a Mopar serialized badge on the dash, the special-edition Mopar '13 includes industry-first wireless charging for smartphones, a blue-stitched leather-wrapped steering wheel with an identically garnished shifter knob, a bright sport-pedal kit, premium Mopar carpet floor mats, door-sill guards and an 8.4-inch navigation screen.
The limited-edition Mopar '13 Dart will be delivered to each customer with a personalized owner kit. Assembled in a custom-made black case, contents include a personalized plate with vehicle specifications, the date of manufacture and the unique identification number (of 500) of the vehicle. Along with a Mopar '13 brochure and other memorabilia, the kit will include a limited-edition sketch of the vehicle signed by Mark Trostle, Chrysler Group Chief Designer for the Mopar Brand.
Information on the Mopar '13 will go live at Dodge Mopar 13 tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 1
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network