Chrysler Group to Park Garage at 2013 Chicago Auto Show
Walls of New Mopar Performance Parts and Accessories for Dodge Dart, Fiat 500 and SRT Viper
AUBURN HILLS, MI--Jan. 29, 2013:
- 1,015 sq.-ft. garage and more than 300 quality-tested Mopar performance parts and accessories
- Exhibit to feature the new Mopar '13, a Moparized all-new 2013 SRT Viper, and a full line of Mopar custom, commercial-grade cabinetry and toolboxes
Chrysler Group LLC will feature a Mopar garage at this year's Chicago Auto Show...and walls of Mopar parts and accessories for the company's Dodge Dart, Fiat 500 and SRT Viper.
A 1,015 sq.-ft. garage exhibit will feature select Mopar performance parts and accessories for the all-new 2013 SRT Viper and Dodge Dart. In the Fiat exhibit, a glass wall of Mopar parts and accessories for the Fiat 500 will also be on display. In total, more than 300 Mopar performance parts and accessories will be shown.
"Customization is king," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "At Mopar, we offer more than 500,000 quality-tested parts and accessories throughout the world. In Chicago, we want to give show-goers an idea of how they can personalize and accessorize some of our new vehicles and furnish their garage in full Mopar style."
Inside of the Mopar garage will be the new Mopar '13 and a fully Moparized all-new 2013 SRT Viper. In addition to these vehicles and other parts, accessories and Moparabilia, both NHRA 2012 championship trophies won by Pro Stock driver Allen Johnson and Funny Car racer Jack Beckman will also be highlighted in the display.
For show-goers who want to create their own Mopar garage, Mopar now offers high-end commercial-grade toolboxes that feature the brand's logo and are available in three colors: Mopar Blue, HEMI Orange and White. Mopar will also introduce a full line of standard and commercial-grade custom cabinetry. Customers may visit www.wearmopar.com to purchase toolboxes and other Moparabilia.
Other Moparized vehicles that will be on display include a Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Dart, Fiat 500, Jeep Wrangler, and Ram truck.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network