Chrysler Group Gives Sneak Peek Inside New Mopar '13
AUBURN HILLS, MI--Jan. 25, 2013: Chrysler Group LLC released an interior image of its new Mopar '13 limited-edition vehicle, which will be shown at next month's Chicago Auto Show.
"This vehicle is the perfect canvas for personalization and customization," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "We couldn't wait to get our hands on it and give it the Mopar treatment."
The Mopar '13 limited-edition vehicle follows the Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger, Mopar '11 Dodge Charger and Mopar '12 Chrysler 300.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network