AutoNation Announces December 2012 Retail New Vehicle Unit Sales of 27,958
- December 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 15% versus December 2011
- Fourth quarter 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 16% versus fourth quarter 2011
- Full year 2012 retail new vehicle unit sales increased 20% versus full year 2011
- We expect U.S. industry new vehicle sales in 2013 to be at the mid-15 million unit level
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--Jan. 4, 2013: AutoNation, Inc. , America's largest automotive retailer, today announced that its retail new vehicle unit sales in December 2012, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, totaled 27,958, an increase of 15% as compared to December 2011. Retail new vehicle unit sales for AutoNation's operating segments were as follows:
- 8,415 for Domestic, up 11% versus December 2011,
- 13,450 for Import, up 18% versus December 2011, and
- 6,093 for Premium Luxury, up 14% versus December 2011.
On a daily selling rate basis, AutoNation's retail new vehicle unit sales increased 19%. There were 26 selling days in December 2012 compared to 27 selling days in December 2011.
For the fourth quarter of 2012, AutoNation's retail new vehicle unit sales, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, increased 16%, with Domestic up 10%, Import up 20%, and Premium Luxury up 17%, in each case as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011.
For full year 2012, AutoNation's retail new vehicle unit sales, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, increased 20%, with Domestic up 14%, Import up 27%, and Premium Luxury up 13%, in each case as compared to full year 2011.
AutoNation also announced that, on December 21, 2012, it completed the acquisitions of Boardwalk Audi, Boardwalk Porsche, Boardwalk Volkswagen, McKinney Volkswagen, Park Cities Volkswagen, and Spring Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram which were previously announced on December 4, 2012.
AutoNation expects to report January 2013 retail new vehicle unit sales on Monday, February 4, 2013.