2013 Range Rover Named Best SUV By Playboy Magazine
MAHWAH, NJ - December 18, 2012 – Land Rover North America announced today that the all-new 2013 Range Rover has been named ‘Best SUV’ of 2013 by Playboy magazine.
"Being named Playboy Magazine’s SUV of 2013 is a great way to go into the New Year,” said Kim McCullough, Brand Vice President, Land Rover North America. The all-new 2013 Range Rover elevates this iconic vehicle to new heights with enhanced luxury, sustainability and performance capabilities, yet it is instantly recognizable and maintains the unmistakable feel of a Range Rover."
The new 2013 Land Rover Range Rover has been engineered from the ground up to be the most capable, most refined Range Rover ever. Lighter, stronger, and with new levels of refinement, the next Range Rover reinforces its position among the finest luxury vehicles. It is the world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure that is lighter and stronger than ever before, with a weight savings of about 700lbs compared to the outgoing model.
4thgeneration Range Rover’s been completely revamped with
an industry first, an all-aluminum body that saves 700 pounds and the sleek
panels are bonded together, (not bolted and welded), like a jet aircraft.
The Range Rover will carry up to 6 fortunate passengers (with the Executive
Class rear seat) in utter luxury, listening to a 29-speaker premium
infotainment system, over the most impassible terrain, in the worst weather
imaginable,” said Ken Gross, Contributing Automotive Editor,
Executive editor A.J. Baime and contributing editor Ken Gross tested hundreds of vehicles to find 2013’s finest and most innovative new cars on the road. With leading new rides representing all corners of the globe, Playboy’s editors left no stone unturned in search of the best of the best.
Arriving in North American showrooms this winter, the all-new Range Rover has a starting price of $83,500* and will go up to $130,950* for the Autobiography trim level.
*Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and other local fees. Actual price set by retailer. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
# # #
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its' clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover product is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today's Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land
• Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry’s drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
• As the UK’s largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
• In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of 1.5 billion, an increase of 392m when compared to the previous year.
• Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.