CAMPBELL, CA--December 10, 2012: ChargePoint today introduced its newest electric vehicle charging station mobile application for all iPhone and Android smart phones. With a new user experience and redesigned look, the ChargePoint EV charging station app now features all EV charging stations installed in the United States, not just those on the ChargePoint network. Additionally, EV drivers can now easily identify which stations have pricing and exactly how far they are from their location. Available for free, the updated ChargePoint EV charging station app also provides EV drivers direct access to their social network accounts including Facebook and Twitter.
“ChargePoint is the world's largest electric vehicle global charging network”
"ChargePoint is the world's largest electric vehicle global charging network," said Pat Romano, president and CEO of ChargePoint. "One feature EV drivers have requested is the ability to navigate, access and charge at any electric vehicle charging station, not just those on the ChargePoint network. With more than ten thousand EV charging spots on the ChargePoint network and thousands more out of the network it is the easiest way to find any EV charging station anywhere in North America."
ChargePoint provides the industry's first and only EV charging station mobile app that give drivers real-time charging station status, detailed station information including pricing and the ability to view your home charging station. EV drivers can make EV charging station reservations, payments and find location information.
The ChargePoint EV charging station mobile app allows EV drivers to:
- Find charging stations near you or near any specified address.
- Get turn-by-turn directions to charging stations.
- See the real-time availability of charging stations: Available or In Use.
- Load detailed maps quickly. Drivers can switch between map view and list view for simple navigation.
- Add, remove and recall your favorite places to charge.
- Create a new ChargePoint account directly from your phone.
- Start and stop charging sessions directly from your smart phone. (*)
- Get directions from your current location to where your EV is charging. (*)
- Get status on your current or most recent EV charging session: energy used, greenhouse gas savings and charging time. (*)
- Receive real-time notifications of your current charging session. (*)
(*) Some features require a free ChargePoint driver account. Visit ChargePoint to create your account and sign up for a ChargePoint card.
To learn more about ChargePoint, visit us at CES between January 8-11, 2013 inside the GoElectricDrive Tech Zone, booth #2826 (LVCC North Hall).