SAE International Announces January Slate of Mobility Engineering Courses at Cerritos College
WARRENDALE, PA--Dec. 4, 2012: Five professional development courses from SAE International are available to mobility engineering professionals at the Southland/Cerritos Center for Transportation Technologies at Cerritos College in Norwalk, Calif.
The course topics range from heavy truck dynamics to engineering project management and all are eligible for appropriate continuing education units.
The available courses include:
- Fundamentals of Heavy Truck Dynamics (Jan. 7-9) -- This seminar begins where the tires meet the ground, progressing up through the various components and bringing together the theory and practice of heavy truck dynamics. A series of case studies related to truck ride engineering will provide an opportunity for attendees to demonstrate their knowledge gained and introduces them to some of the newer technologies related to evaluating and improving heavy truck ride dynamics.
- Vehicle Dynamics for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Jan. 14-16) -- This seminar will present an introduction to Vehicle Dynamics from a vehicle system perspective. The theory and applications are associated with the interaction and performance balance between the powertrain, brakes, steering, suspensions and wheel and tire vehicle subsystems.
- Managing Engineering & Technical Professionals (Jan. 14-16) -- First-time engineering supervisors and mid-level managers who wish to sharpen their skills and learn new techniques for guiding, coaching, and motivating working engineers, technicians, and designers will find this seminar valuable. A mix of lecture and attention-grabbing exercises are used to develop intense and lasting learning results.
- AS9100C Internal Auditor Training (Jan. 16-18) -- This three-day internal auditor training program is designed to provide potential and existing internal auditors with the knowledge necessary to understand and successfully audit an organization against "AS9100 Rev C: Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations." Additionally, attendees will participate in a detailed examination of the requirements of "AS9101 Rev D: Quality Management Systems Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations."
- Engineering Project Management (Jan. 17-18) -- Project Management and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) are two critical techniques used in product development in the mobility industry today. This seminar will bring these techniques together in an easy to understand format that goes beyond the typical concept of constructing timelines and project planning, by exploring not only the AIAG APQP process, but also specific aspects of PM processes. Students will gain a solid foundation in the essential principles of Project Management and APQP.