Subaru and Subaru Owners "Share the Love" for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Participating charities are anticipated to receive a collective $5 million in donations from Subaru this year
- Total "Share the Love" donations expected to reach $25 million
CHERRY HILL, NJ--Nov. 20, 2012: Subaru of America will kick off its fifth-annual "Share the Love" event on Nov. 21. During the "Share the Love" event, Subaru will donate $250 to the owners' choice of five charities for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased from Nov. 21, 2012 through Jan. 2, 2013. Over the last four years, Subaru has donated nearly $20 million to charitable organizations through the "Share the Love" sales event.
"'Share the Love' is a truly unique event that brings together Subaru owners, their philanthropic spirit, and five amazing charitable partners," said Dean Evans, Subaru chief marketing officer.
For the second year in row, Subaru enlisted its Facebook fans to select the final "Share the Love" charitable partners. The Alzheimer's Association® and the USO earned the most Facebook votes. Those two charities join the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®), Make-A-Wish® and Meals On Wheels Association of America® to round out the 2012 roster. This year's event is expected to deliver $5 million in donations to the five charitable organizations.
"We know how much Subaru owners care about the community and we can't think of a better way to close out the year," added Evans.
2012 Subaru "Share the Love" Charitable Participants
- Alzheimer's Association ®: the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research. Its mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®): is the first animal welfare organization in North America and works to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals. The ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services.
- Make-A-Wish® :grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. A wish-come-true can be a powerful, life-changing event that makes life better for wish kids, strengthens their families, and brings communities together.
- Meals On Wheels Association of America ® : provides national leadership to end senior hunger, supporting local Meals On Wheels programs that collectively serve over one million nutritious meals each day to seniors in need.
- USO: a private, nonprofit organization that provides morale boosting programs and services as well as critical support to troops serving in combat, military families, wounded, ill and injured troops and their caregivers and families of the fallen.