Jeep Wrangler Named 'Hottest 4x4 SUV' of 2012 SEMA Show, Mopar and Jeep Brand Create Jeep Performance Parts
LAS VEGAS--Oct. 30, 2012:
- Jeep® Wrangler recognized as 'Hottest 4x4 SUV' at SEMA
- More than 300 Mopar performance parts and accessories available for Jeep® Wrangler
- Mopar and the Jeep brand work together to create Jeep Performance Parts, even more parts to increase off-road performance
- Mopar's off-road division announces new Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 and 5.7-liter HEMI engine conversion kits for 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers
For the third consecutive year, the Jeep Wrangler was recognized as the 'Hottest 4x4 SUV' at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show today in Las Vegas.
SEMA president and CEO Chris Kersting presented the award to Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand, and Mark Allen, Head of Jeep® Design, in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"The SEMA Award helps guide consumers toward the hottest-trending and most accessory friendly vehicles on the market," said Kersting. "Our SEMA show exhibitors are industry visionaries who determine the winners of the SEMA Award based on the vehicles they showcase in their booths. Each booth vehicle represents a 'vote' and the most prominent models in each category are the winners."
"Jeep Wrangler is an icon and one of our most customized vehicles," Gorlier said. "We offer more than 300 performance parts and accessories for the vehicle and we'll offer even more with the creation of our Mopar off-road division that will create new Jeep Performance Parts."
Jeep Performance Parts is a new portfolio of high-end, hard-core Jeep parts including axles, lift kits, bumpers, winches, skid plates and suspension components. These parts will offer factory-engineered solutions to increase off-road performance.
Today, Mopar's new off-road division announced a Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine conversion kit and a new 5.7-liter HEMI conversion kit, which cover 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers.
Jeep Wrangler -- the most capable production off-road vehicle in the world -- gets even better due to continued refinement without sacrificing any off-road prowess. Jeep continues to refine the successful Wrangler formula by combining legendary, benchmark capability with an interior that delivers rich styling, occupant comfort and versatility, and a premium appearance courtesy of items such as body-color hard tops for the popular Sahara and Rubicon models.
Features such as new seats, interior LED lighting, dual windshield washer nozzles and Alpine audio upgrade are new for 2013. A new premium Sunrider soft top features a richer appearance and three layers for reduced noise, and all soft tops on Unlimited models have been redesigned for easier operation.
The new 2013 Jeep Wrangler Moab special edition pays homage to the popular enthusiast off-roading venue and boasts winch-ready steel bumpers, rear limited-slip differential and available rear locker. Wrangler Moab is available with a black or body-color hardtop, and has dedicated off-road features like new Goodyear Silent Armor off-road tires with Kevlar reinforcement and rock rails. The award-winning 3.6-liter V-6 engine delivers 285 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, and is available with a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission.
Built on more than 70 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and versatility for people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a full line of vehicles that continue to provide owners with a sense of security to handle any journey with confidence.
The Jeep vehicle lineup includes Compass, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. To meet consumer demand around the world, all Jeep models are sold outside North America -- and all are available in right-hand drive versions and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Chrysler Group LLC sells and services vehicles in approximately 120 countries around the world.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features, including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network