Chrysler Group Announces New Mopar Performance and Customization Initiatives at SEMA
LAS VEGAS--Oct. 30, 2012:
- Announces availability of performance calibrations for select 2011, 2012 and 2013 model-year Chrysler Group vehicles
- Introduces new emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI crate engine for classic muscle cars and hot rods, a version of the same legendary HEMI in modern Dodge Challenger and Charger R/T models
- Newly created Mopar off-road division announces creation of Jeep Performance Parts, a high-end portfolio of hard-core parts and accessories for Jeep® vehicles, which includes new Mopar 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 conversion kits for Jeep Wrangler
- Opens new FIAT® Fit Shop
- Watch Mopar press conference live today at Facebook.com/Mopar at 7:40 p.m. Eastern
Mopar is offering even more performance. And even more customization.
Today at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show in Las Vegas, the brand will make a host of announcements.
"At Mopar, we're empowering our customers to put even more power, capability and customization into their vehicles," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "We'll continue to give our enthusiasts optimal performance and appearance packages on the street, at the track and on the trail."
Engine Performance Calibration
For Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, FIAT and SRT® customers who want to further enhance the performance of their vehicles, Mopar has reviewed the facilities and capabilities of Arrow Racing Engines and Arrington Engines for performance calibrations. Both companies have the appropriate tooling and software to create performance calibrations for select 2011, 2012 and 2013 model-year Chrysler Group vehicles. Arrow Racing Engines is based in Auburn Hills, Mich. and Arrington Engines is based in Martinsville, Va. Additional companies will be announced at a later date.
S.S.H. (Street Spec HEMI®) Emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI Crate Engine
For those members of Mopar nation looking to add a modern HEMI to their ride, this new emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI engine may be mated to an automatic or manual transmission for 1995 and older model-year vehicles. The engine does not include the production multi-displacement system (MDS).
The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 5.7-liter HEMI engine kit is $6,800 (part number 77070065). The kit will come with a 2-year/24,000-mile limited warranty.
Following is a preliminary list of parts that will be included with the engine package:
5.7-liter HEMI engine (non MDS)
375 horsepower, 400 lb.-ft. of torque
Engine wire harness
Performance and Emission Control Components:
Engine control module
Oxygen sensor (2) up stream
Oxygen sensor (2) down stream
Electronic Accelerator pedal
Catalytic Converter (2)
Oxygen sensor-mounting bosses
The kit also includes an instruction manual and an emission certification label. An Executive Order is in process.
New Jeep Performance Parts
Mopar and the Jeep brand will work together to create Jeep Performance Parts: a portfolio of high-end, hard-core Jeep parts including axles, lift kits, bumpers, winches, skid plates and suspension components. These parts will offer factory-engineered solutions to increase off-road performance. Whether rock crawling or desert hauling, the catalog for these parts will continue to grow in order to meet customer needs for off-road adventures. The catalog will be packed with useful data to help transform stock rides into top trail performers.
Mopar 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 Conversion Kits for Jeep Wrangler
Mopar's newly created off-road division will announce a new Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine conversion kit that covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $18,599 and the part number is P5156162.
Producing approximately 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque to the rear wheels, the Mopar V-8 conversion kit gives Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts an unprecedented blend of power and capability. The Mopar Wrangler 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 conversion kit will mate to Chrysler Group's W5A580 five-speed automatic transmission, and eventually to the six-speed manual transmission.
The new 5.7-liter HEMI conversion kit also covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The MSRP is $15,599 and the part number is P5156213. The engine generates approximately 375 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.
New FIAT® Fit Shop
Offering quality-tested and factory-installed Fiat 500 parts right from the manufacturer, the new FIAT Fit Shop will offer hassle-free individualization with a menu of packages that feature Genuine FIAT Parts by Mopar. The new FIAT Fit Shop will also give consumers the opportunity to finance these added packages with their monthly payments.
Mopar and FIAT Brand North America collaborated to design a world-class factory-installed upfit program. During the vehicle-ordering process, Fiat 500 customers may select from a range of accessory packages, packages that have been thoroughly validated and quality-tested to the exact engineering specifications and warranty requirements of the U.S.-spec Fiat 500.
The FIAT Fit Shop will offer select exterior and interior options. Interior packages will include Katzkin seating, premium trim packages with a variety of leathers, suedes, colors, two-tone combinations, and piping, stitch and embroidery options.
For those who simply want to add accessories and performance parts to their Fiat 500 at their dealership, Mopar offers more than 150 from which to choose. From an accessories standpoint, free-standing features range from graphics to roof racks to carriers. For performance, FIAT Studios offer a variety of performance parts including cat-back exhaust, brake kits and suspension parts for ultimate handling.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format and first to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Brand-specific customer care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours for customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network