Mercedes-Benz Previews New 2013 Models at Motorexpo New York City
From Super Sports Cars to SUVs on Display at Public Autoshow
MONTVALE, NJ--Sept. 19, 2012: Mercedes-Benz previews three of the brand's newest 2013 models, the SL63 AMG, GL and GLK, at the 5th annual Motorexpo at the World Financial Center in New York City from Sunday, September 16 to Friday, September 21, 2012. The event is the biggest free motoring event with over a million visitors each year, and features the latest products and information from the world's leading automotive manufactures.
With the epicenter of New York City business as the backdrop, Mercedes-Benz showcases the all-new 2013 SL63 AMG, featuring show stopping power to business professionals eager to add some excitement to their daily driving time. Powered by a hand built 5.5 liter direct-injection biturbo AMG V8 delivering 530 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque, this luxury roadster combines unparalleled performance synonymous with AMG and an extraordinary driving experience. The 6th generation of the iconic Mercedes-Benz Roadster stays true to its namesake with an all-new aluminum bodyshell, weighing nearly 300 pounds less than its predecessor. Packed with innovative technology, this vehicle includes a unique FrontBass system, which turns the SL into a concert hall, and the debut of mbrace2, the next generation of telematics, gives drivers top-of-the-line features related to safety, infotainment, personal assistance, and vehicle care.
For the whole family, Mercedes-Benz is showcasing the all-new seven passenger GL-Class, the leading luxury full-size SUV. Cradling its occupants with the first-class comfort of a luxurious sedan, the all-new GL is perfect for large families with ample space for up to seven passengers, while a host of efficiency measures delivers a substantial improvement in fuel economy. The 2013 GL-Class will be in showrooms this month.
The Mercedes-Benz 2013 GLK-Class features a fresh new design, exclusive equipment, pioneering safety assistance systems and efficient engines. The restyled 2013 GLK-Class reaffirms its leadership in the entry-level SUV segment. The newly designed exterior provides more dynamic character, combining classic SUV styling with the design language of the current Mercedes-Benz sedans. The 2013 GLK350 hit U.S. showrooms this summer, and the GLK250 BlueTEC will follow in early 2013.
In addition to the all-new 2013 vehicles, five additional Mercedes-Benz vehicles are on display at Motorexpo including:
- SLS AMG Coupe, the super sports car known for its iconic Gullwing doors is developed from the ground up by Mercedes-AMG, the company's high-performance division. The 6.3 liter V8 engine features an astounding 563 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque and will be on display grabbing the attention of high profile car aficionados.
- CLS550 4MATIC, four door coupe with direct-injection 4.6-liter biturbo V8 engine. This car is equipped with all-new mbrace2, an advanced vehicle connectivity system, the world's first active LED headlights, and standard ATTENTION ASSIST.
- M-Class SUV, well-appointed, truly capable and exceptionally safe, the ML features sharp creases and an aggressive, upright grille. Inside is a spacious and wholly redesigned cabin, featuring exquisite materials and a host of standard features. The M-Class re-sets the standard against which every luxury SUV will be measured-both inside and out. Available at $49,865 MSRP.
- C300 4MATIC Sedan features new direct- injection 3.5 liter V6 generating 248hp and 251 lb-ft of torque including new ECO Start/Stop and standard 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
- C350 Coupe features new ECO Start/Stop on direct-injection 3.5 liter V6 engine, available in 4MATIC all-wheel drive.
For more information regarding Motorexpo, visit MotorExpo .