Mitsubishi to Debut New Outlander at 2012 Geneva Motor Show +VIDEO
SEE ALSO: Mitsubishi Buyers Guide
CYPRESS, CA - February 9, 2012: Mitsubishi will present the global debut of the all-new Mitsubishi Outlander at the 82nd Geneva International Motor Show which runs from March 6 through March 18. The new-generation Outlander was built to be eco-friendly and it accomplishes this as it delivers fuel efficiency and CO2 emission levels that are among the best in its class. Also on display at the Mitsubishi Motors stand among a lineup of 13 models (8 on the first Press Day) will be the MiEV House, a model for a near-future "Electric Vehicle (EV) lifestyle that maximizes household energy usage with the help of an EV, as well as the fast-selling Outlander Sport (ASX or RVR in some markets) and other models currently on sale in Europe.
In addition to its fuel efficiency and CO2 emission levels that are among the best in its class, other features distinguishing the all-new Outlander include enhanced levels of safety from the adoption of advanced safety technologies and a user-friendly interior that reflects pure quality.
The all-new Outlander will be launched first in Russia this summer, after which it will make its debut in European, Japanese, Oceania, Chinese and North American markets.
During fiscal 2012 Mitsubishi Motors will also be adding to its lineup an EV-based Outlander model which will use a plug-in system derived from MMC's already existing EV technology.
Wath the Mitsubishi tackle the one of the world's most dangerous roads
New Outlander Features
1. Outstanding environmental performance with fuel consumption and CO2 emission levels that are among the best in its class
The European-market specification Outlander is offered with a choice of gasoline and diesel engines. Gasoline models are powered by the 4J11 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder SOHC MIVEC*1 engine which employees an all-new valvetrain. Diesel models use the 4N14 2.2-liter inline 4-cylinder turbocharged MIVEC engine with a very low compression ratio of 14.9:1 that meets stringent European diesel emission regulations.
The diesel Outlander (2WD drivetrain, 4N14 engine with 6-speed manual transmission) will provide a superior level of environmental performance with target CO2 emissions of under 130 g/km*2 thanks to MMC's Auto Stop&Go idle-stop system and its lighter body that stems from optimization of the body structure, the use of high-tensile strength paneling and from improved aerodynamics. Furthermore, the new Outlander will be equipped with an "eco-friendly driving system" that notifies the driver when he or she is driving at maximum efficiency. With this system, the driver can choose to drive at maximum efficiency to enhance actual fuel consumption of the vehicle.
*1: Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control system (named for engines fitted with Mitsubishi Motors' variable valve timing
*2: Target for European model that is subject to final homologation. Models for other countries may differ according to local homologation.
2. Enhanced levels of safety borne from advanced safety technologies
The new Outlander offers outstanding safety through the use of the following advanced safety technologies:
• FCM (Forward Collision Mitigation System): Detects obstacles on the road ahead of the car and automatically applies the brakes
to prevent a collision.
• ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control System): Operates to maintain a safe distance between the car in front even at very low speeds experienced in heavy traffic congestion.
• LDW (Lane Departure Warning System): Functions to warn the driver that their vehicle is about to depart from its lane.
3. High-quality, user-friendly interior
• The new Outlander's interior expresses quality with the use of a glossy black instrument panel, the switches decorated with silver
accents and the use of soft-touch dashboard trim material. The new Outlander also features easily-operable steering wheel controls together with
high-resolution and easy-to-read instrument displays.
• The comfortable second- and third-row seats can be easily configured to provide a number of seating patterns and also a long luggage space with a flat floor.
• A power-operated tailgate facilitates loading and unloading.