Continental Automotive Showcasing Advanced Vehicle Technologies at the Chicago Auto Show
- For the media, Continental will hold a Technology Showcase at its booth featuring divisional executives on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 from 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- Display features in-vehicle simulations, touch screen and hands-on technologies
CHICAGO--February 7, 2012: Continental Automotive, a leading global automotive supplier, will showcase a comprehensive sample of its interactive and engaging automotive technologies at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. The Chicago Auto Show, widely known as the most important "consumer auto show," provides an excellent opportunity for Continental to educate consumers on the future of vehicle safety, infotainment and performance technologies. On display at the Continental booth, located in the South Hall adjacent to the Toyota Monopoly Hybrid Ride Experience, will be automotive technology from its three automotive divisions: Chassis & Safety, Interior and Powertrain.
"The Chicago Auto Show provides Continental with an excellent opportunity to showcase some of our latest technologies to the media and the general public," said Kathryn Blackwell, Continental's vice president of communications & marketing NAFTA. "As a leading global automotive supplier, with a large footprint in the Chicago area, it's important for us to have a strong presence at industry events and let people see the types of exciting and purposeful technology that is driving the future direction of the industry."
Continental's advanced technologies on display at the show include:
- Emergency Steer Assist - one of Continental's newest safety technologies that helps drivers steer past an obstacle by interaction of the vehicle's radar sensors, chassis systems and electronic steering. This demonstration will feature an all-new simulation environment which will replicate the experience of an accident avoidance maneuver and the benefit of this system in such an emergency situation.
- Simplify your Drive -- this vehicle allows the driver to personalize the driving experience, including their motor, chassis and infotainment settings. The hands-on interior demonstration at the Chicago Auto Show allows visitors to maximize the vehicles full functional potential and choose different driving settings.
- Double Clutch Transmission -- a high-performance powertrain technology designed to lower fuel consumption and maximize the driving experience. The control unit is the heart of the double clutch transmission and features interruption-free gearshift and optimum torque handling. By lowering fuel consumption, the control unit helps provide excellent environment capability while delivering a sporty and comfortable driving experience. Additionally, Continental will showcase its new-to-market turbocharger technology at the show.
For the media, Continental will hold a Technology Showcase at its booth featuring divisional executives on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 from 3:30 -- 4:30 p.m. In addition to the Technology Showcase, Continental is the exclusive sponsor of the show media room that is home base for more than 2,000 journalists reporting on the Chicago Auto Show.
For Chicago Auto Show public days, Continental invites attendees to test all vehicle technologies at its exhibit and will provide an opportunity for visitors to enter to win a free iPad.
With sales of euro 26 billion in 2010, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide. As a supplier of brake systems, systems and components for powertrains and chassis, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires and technical elastomers, Continental contributes to enhanced driving safety and global climate protection. Continental is also an expert partner in networked automobile communication. Continental currently has approximately 164,000 employees in 45 countries.