2012 Chicago Auto Show Capitalizes on the Power of Technology
CHICAGO--February 2, 2012: The Chicago Auto Show (CAS) will be using a series of unique and creative social media events and formats to inform and engage attendees at the 2012 show, taking place February 10-19, 2012. It is the first auto show in the U.S. to use such a complete package of social and digital media, highlighting the importance of these mediums for consumers and attendees.
“In order to create this unique package, we hired Vivid Ascent, an integrated marketing agency that specializes in social and digital media. We have partnered with them to leverage their social media, video and creative skills in a way we have not seen in other U.S. auto shows.”
"We've used various forms of social media before, but we realized that we could do so much more than any other show to engage social media and excite consumers," said Dave Sloan, President of the Chicago Automobile Trade Association. "In order to create this unique package, we hired Vivid Ascent, an integrated marketing agency that specializes in social and digital media. We have partnered with them to leverage their social media, video and creative skills in a way we have not seen in other U.S. auto shows."
Some of the unique social and digital media programs that will be used in this year's show include:
1. Daily "Webisodes" that share updates of special programs, contests and events that will be highlighted on the CAS website and distributed to social media
2. A "First Look for Charity" menu tour for food bloggers and digital influencers that cover the Chicago food industry previewing the show's annual charity event that is open to the public
3. A Blogger Sweepstakes specifically designed for bloggers to invite their readers to win an exclusive auto show experience
4. Facebook photo contest, called "How Sweet is Your Ride?" allowing followers to upload photos of themselves with their favorite vehicles and vote for the winner, who will receive a VIP Package
5. A special Foursquare page for checking in at the show
6. A Social Media Day for digital influencers and bloggers to preview the event before the public
7. A Drive-In Program designed for select digital influencers and bloggers to evaluate new vehicles
8. Unique Digital Media Releases containing video and digital assets providing news updates throughout the show
9. Twitter updates providing real-time news and information throughout the show
"We wanted to make this year's show more exciting for the attendees," Sloan continued. "Since Chicago is the largest consumer auto show in the U.S., we knew that social and digital media could bring a new level of interest and opportunity to highlight the fun, informational and unique parts of the auto industry's biggest event. We also realized that by using these programs to their fullest we would dramatically increase the reach of the show to the public."
The public and media can find the various social and digital media programs designed by Vivid Ascent and the Chicago Auto Show by visiting Chicago Auto Show or by following them on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information and to watch a video on this news, visit Vivid Ascent News.
About Vivid Ascent
Founded in 2009, Vivid Ascent is the first PR and Marketing agency to fully integrate Search Engine Optimization into every Public Relations, Social Media, Advertising Website Design and Direct Marketing program. Vivid Ascent serves clients from financial services, education, non-profit, consumer, B2B and professional services industries. The company was created by 35-year public relations veteran Ray Carmichael and Dan O'Brien, a former senior agency and client marketing executive. For more information, visit Vivid Ascent.
About The Chicago Automobile Trade Association
Founded in 1904, the Chicago Automobile Trade Association (CATA) is the nation's oldest and largest metropolitan dealer organization. It is comprised of approximately 400 franchised new-car dealers and an additional 150 allied members. The group's dealer members employ approximately 19,000 people in the metropolitan area. The association has produced the world famous Chicago Auto Show since 1935. For more information, visit Chicago Auto Show.