Toyota LIVE Testing Demonstration Broadcast at 1:15PM EST - WATCH IT HERE
NEW TESTING RAISES QUESTIONS ABOUT GILBERT DEMONSTRATION ON ALLEGED UNINTENDED ACCELERATION
The Live Event had Concluded. The Auto Channel is preparing the complete broadcast and edited segments for on-demand viewing. It will be available shortly
TORRANCE, CA - March 8, 2010: Independent and Toyota engineers will duplicate the demonstration referenced by Prof. David Gilbert of Southern Illinois University in his Congressional testimony. This presentation will show that the sequence and nature of manipulated faults in the Gilbert demonstration are completely unrealistic under real-world conditions and can easily be reproduced on a wide range of vehicles made by other manufacturers.
Members of the media will have the opportunity to ask questions at the conclusion of the presentation.
Appearing on the broadcast will be:
• J. Christian (Chris) Gerdes Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical
Engineering at Stanford University and Director, Center for Automotive
Research at Stanford (CARS)
• Shukri J. Souri Ph.D., Principal Engineer, Electrical and Semiconductors Practice, Exponent
• Subodh Medhekar Ph.D., P.E., C.R.E., Principal Engineer, Exponent
• Matthew Schwall Ph.D., P.E., Managing Engineer, Exponent
• Kristen Tabar, General Manager of Electronics Systems, Toyota Technical Center
Click PLAY to watch a previous Kristen Tabar video