2009 LA Auto Show: Fisker Press Conference - COMPLETE VIDEO
SEE ALSO: Electric Vehicles Now Being Served
SEE ALSO: EV-MOTORING.COM
SEE ALSO: Electric Vehicles- Real Solution or Bad Guy Diversion?
The Auto Channel presents the entire Fisker Press Conference from Media Days at the 2009 LA Auto Show.
Click PLAY to watch the complete video
FISKER RECAPS FIRST TWO YEARS, ANNOUNCES KARMA PRODUCTION SCHEDULE
LOS ANGELES - December 3, 2009: In little more than two years Fisker
Automotive has established itself as a force in the automotive industry.
Significant investments from major venture capital firms, a half-billion
dollar conditional loan from the U.S. government and the establishment of a
global network of independent retailers highlight the new American
automaker’s rapid growth. Since its founding in August 2007 Fisker
• Assembled a team of forward-looking auto industry veterans with more than 200 years of collective experience
• Introduced the world's first premium plug-in electric hybrid vehicle, the Fisker Karma
• Established global headquarters in Irvine, California and a first-class engineering facility in Pontiac, Michigan
• Appointed a network of 42 independent U.S. retailers and three European distributors with proven track records in customer satisfaction;
• Partnered with Tier 1 automotive suppliers • Applied for more than 50 patents
• Been awarded a $528.7 million U.S. Department of Energy conditional loan
• Announced Project Nina, the development of an affordable, family-oriented plug-in hybrid for 2012 that will ultimately create more than 5,000 U.S. jobs
• Signed a letter of intent to purchase an assembly plant in Wilmington, Delaware
• Secured more than 1,500 customer deposits;
• Been featured on the cover of the June 8, 2009 issue of Forbes magazine as “The Next Detroit.”
In third quarter 2010 Fisker Automotive will begin delivering Karma plug-in hybrids to appointed retailers and distributors worldwide, less than 36 months after the concept car first appeared at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in 2008.