2009 Chicago Auto Show: Ford Taurus SHO Returns With Twin-Turbo EcoBoost V-6 - VIDEO ENHANCED
• Taurus SHO returns as the sporty version of Ford's new flagship sedan with a 3.5-liter EcoBoost(TM) V-6, an estimated 365 horsepower and uncompromised V-6 fuel economy
• The 2010 Taurus SHO features a SelectShift(R) six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shift controls, all-wheel drive and sporty yet subtle exterior and interior design cues
• Taurus SHO will be available this summer, starting at $37,995, including destination fees
CHICAGO - February 11, An iconic "sleeper" performance car returns to the Ford lineup, with a Super High Output (SHO) EcoBoost twin turbocharged engine. The 2010 Taurus SHO builds on the legacy of the original, which earned a spot on the Car and Driver 10Best list four times.
"The new Taurus SHO delivers on the authentic sleeper sedan formula, adding luxurious appointments and technologies, while delivering an unsurpassed balance of power and fuel economy," said Mark Fields, Ford's president of The Americas.
Introduced in 1989, Taurus SHO was conceived as a discreet performance-oriented sports sedan. Produced through 1999, more than 100,000 were sold.
Click PLAY to watch the Taurus SHO on the road
EcoBoost(TM) Twin-Turbocharged Power
The new 2010 Taurus SHO is powered by a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V-6 engine, generating an estimated 365 horsepower. A key feature of this advanced engine is gasoline direct injection, resulting in improved throttle response, reduced cold start emissions characteristics and improved fuel economy.
SelectShift with paddle controls and All-Wheel Drive
The new Taurus SHO driveline combines a high-capacity six-speed 6F55 SelectShift transmission with a sophisticated torque-sensing All-Wheel Drive System. SelectShift provides conventional automatic operation or a manual shift mode allowing performance-minded drivers to "match-rev" downshifts and "hold" selected gears for precise control.
The Taurus SHO driveline is contemporized with the incorporation of a standard All-Wheel Drive System that engages automatically and unobtrusively. SHO also features a sport-tuned suspension with unique shock absorbers, springs, stabilizer bars, strut mount bushings and steering calibration.
An optional SHO Performance Package adds even more high-performance capability.
Taurus SHO: Performance and Convenience
The 2010 Taurus SHO offers an impressive array of standard convenience features including:
• Intelligent Access with Push Button Start
• MyKey(TM) programmability
• Easy Fuel(TM) Capless Fuel Filler System
• Ford SYNC(R) fully-integrated, voice-activated communications and entertainment system
Taurus SHO also comes standard with the full array of safety equipment and features offered across the Taurus range.
The 2010 Taurus SHO will be built at Ford's Chicago assembly plant.