Bosch Honored With Prestigious Michigan Clean Transportation Award
- SEE ALSO: Exclusive Video: T. Boone Pickens: "No More Foreign Oil" - "Future Is Green" Conference
- SEE ALSO: Exclusive Video: T. Boone Pickens: Alt Fuel, Energy and Politics
- SEE ALSO: Exclusive Video: T. Boone Pickens: The Man and The Plan
- SEE ALSO: The Truth About The Fuel Crisis - Edwin Black's "THE PLAN"
- SEE ALSO: No New Gasoline Powered Vehicles In The U.S. By 2014...Can It Be Done?
- SEE ALSO: "Let Them Eat Cake - Where Are All The Electric-Hybrids?
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Sept. 25, 2008 - Bosch, a leading global supplier of technology and services, was awarded the Corporate Clean Transportation Leadership Award at the Michigan Clean Transportation Expo and Awards Gala in Novi, Michigan last evening. The award was created to recognize the corporation operating in Michigan that had demonstrated dedicated commitment to clean transportation through its products, community leadership, and innovative programs.
Bosch was nominated for its local and global commitment to providing technological solutions to ecological challenges such as energy efficiency and renewable energies. Bosch was honored for its industry-leading, fuel efficient and vehicle emission-reducing technologies including clean diesel and gasoline direct injection (GDI), hybrid for electric and hydraulic applications. Bosch and Bosch Rexroth were saluted for their new state-of-the-art facilities in Plymouth Township and Rochester Hills that incorporate "clean" practices and research energy-efficient technologies.
"It is an honor to be the recipient of the 2008 Corporate Clean Transportation Leadership Award," said Chandra Lewis, director, Corporate Communications, Robert Bosch LLC. "Our global Chairman states 'Anyone who thinks ecologically has to act technologically.' At Bosch, we are committed to helping accelerate the development of sustainable and fuel-efficient technologies on a global basis, and locally in the State of Michigan."
The Michigan Clean Transportation Expo and Awards Gala was organized by the Michigan-based Clean Energy Coalition, NextEnergy, and the Greater Lansing Area Clean Cities coalition.