Vincentric's - 2007 Best Fleet Value Awards in America
Winners of Vincentric's Best Fleet Value in America™
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Michigan - March 15, 2007 "Vincentric's Best Fleet Value in America" awards have General Motors, Toyota, and Ford Motor Co. brands each taking top honors in 7 of the 30 vehicle segments.
The Chrysler Group also had a strong showing, winning four different categories. Due to increased availability, hybrid vehicles were eligible for the fleet awards this year, with the Toyota Prius hybrid and the Mercury Mariner hybrid winning awards.
To determine Vincentric's Best Fleet Value in America™ awards, Vincentric used its ongoing, comprehensive analysis of fleet lifecycle costs to identify the best fleet values in the industry. The company measured 8 cost factors for over 2,000 vehicle configurations in the 2007 model year, with twelve different mileage/lifecycle timeframe scenarios used in each of the 50 states plus DC. The resulting 9,000,000+ lifecycle cost measurements were then reviewed to determine the winning vehicles.
The eight cost factors that determined overall lifecycle costs were depreciation, fuel, insurance, opportunity cost, financing, maintenance, taxes and state fees, and repairs. These costs were integrated with the Vincentric Fleet Price, which estimates the acquisition cost for each vehicle in the study.
"The variety of winning brands shows that fleet buyers are justified in looking at multiple manufacturers when reviewing their fleet needs. Our winning vehicles provide great value in a wide range of lifecycle scenarios," stated David Wurster, President of Vincentric. "Annual mileage was measured ranging from a low of 20,000 miles to a high of 30,000 miles, along with timeframes from 24 to 60 months of ownership."
The vehicle segments and the winners of Vincentric's Best Fleet Value in America™ awards for the 2007 model year are listed below. In addition, a review of each winner and further information about the study is available at www.vincentric.com.
Best Fleet Value in America™ - Passenger Cars:
- Compact, over $18,000: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4D Sedan- Compact, under $18,000: Saturn ION Level 2 4D Sedan
- Large: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4D Sedan
- Luxury: 2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4D Sedan
- Mid-Size, over $23,000: 2007 Toyota Prius Base 4D Hatchback
- Near-Luxury: 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4D Sedan
- Prestige Luxury: 2007 Mercedes-Benz E Class E550 4D Sedan
- Subcompact, over $17,000: 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2D Coupe
- Subcompact, under $17,000: 2007 Toyota Yaris Base 2D Hatchback
- Wagon, over $23,000: 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4D Wagon
- Wagon, under $23,000: 2007 Dodge Caliber Base 4D Hatchback
Best Fleet Value in America™ - SUVs and Crossovers:
- Compact SUV, over $23,000: 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 4D Utility 4WD
- Compact SUV, under $23,000: 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4D Utility FWD
- Crossover, over $29,000: 2007 Nissan Murano S 4D Utility AWD
- Crossover, under $29,000: 2007 Saturn VUE Base 4D Utility FWD
- Large SUV, over $42,000: 2007 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4D Utility 2WD
- Large SUV, under $42,000: 2007 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4D Utility 2WD
- Mid-Size SUV, over $30,000: 2007 Toyota Highlander Sport 4D Utility 4WD
- Mid-Size SUV, under $30,000: 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4D Utility 2WD
Best Fleet Value in America™ - Pickup Trucks and Chassis Cab:
- Chassis Cab: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 3500 LT Reg Cab 2WD 137.0
- Compact Pickup: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base Reg Cab 2WD
- Full Size Pickup: 2007 Ford F150 XL Reg Cab 2WD 126
- Heavy Duty ¾ Ton Pickup: 2007 Ford F250 XL Reg Cab 2WD
- Heavy Duty 1 Ton Pickup: 2007 Ford F350 XL Reg Cab 2WD SRW
Best Fleet Value in America™ - Vans:
- Full Size Cargo Van: 2007 GMC Savana Cargo G1500 Cargo SWB
- Full Size Passenger Van: 2007 Chevrolet Express G1500 Wagon SWB
- Cargo Minivan: 2007 Ford Freestar Cargo Van
- Minivan, over $27,000: 2007 Chevrolet Uplander LT Wagon
- Minivan, under $27,000: 2007 Dodge Caravan SE 4D Wagon