GMC Partners With 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation'
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, Director Michael Bay To Donate 2007 GMC Yukons To Real-Life CSI Units in Los Angeles, Las Vegas
DETROIT - April 19, 2006: The GMC Division of General Motors today donated two 2007 GMC Yukons to Los Angeles and Las Vegas law enforcement as part of an initiative with the hit television series, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." Working closely with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and the show's writing staff and forensic consultants, GMC has designed and manufactured the "Mobile Analysis Unit" (MAU), a re-engineered 2007 GMC Yukon Denali.
Elements of this unique collaboration include:
* A 30-second spot directed by Bay introducing the Yukon as the all-new
* A 60-second spot also directed by Bay featuring executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer that highlights the donation of two 2007 GMC Yukon trucks to the cities of Los Angeles and Las Vegas for use by their own real-life criminal analysis departments;
* A Web site, www.cbs.com/Yukon, where consumers can see the making of the MAU and play "Work The Case, Win The Wheels."
According to executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer, "GM has been a great partner for years on many of my movies and TV shows and in the case of 'CSI,' GMC offered to expand their support for the show. We jumped at the chance to have another tool to tell our stories and the result was the creation of the MAU," said Bruckheimer.
"As a director, it was important that we shoot these spots in the same creative tone and integrity of 'CSI" said Bay. "This unique project allowed me the opportunity to collaborate with Jerry to introduce the MAU."
"We believe this initiative shows our commitment to the entertainment industry's creative community," said Steve Rosenblum, GMC marketing director. "We've worked closely with the show's creative team to ensure the MAU was both functional and realistic as a crime-fighting tool. And we're thrilled that beyond the show, the vehicles will be put to the test by real-life law enforcement officials."
Highlights of the all-new MAU include:
* Steel Gray Metallic exterior
* Contoured wheel flares and 20" polished aluminum wheels
* Integrated KVH TracVision A5 in-motion digital satellite TV receiver
* Exterior mirrors with integrated strobes
* Chrome tubular front bumper guard, skid plate, and integrated winch
* Chrome tubular assist steps
* Power liftgate
* Stainless steel mobile command center with three drawers and side storage units
* Illuminated slide-out Plexiglas evidence trays